Sign in to follow this  
Guest jwuest

747-400 TOGA

Guest jwuest

I just up-dated my 747-400(up-date V1R10)and now I am unable to engage the TOGA on takeoff by right-clicking on the screw next to the A/T switch. Jack

Guest diskus

How does one program a key to disconnect AT on landing?Mike

Go into the PMDG menu and select key commands. Then look for something like AP DISC. I think it was TOGA/APdisc but I can't remember exactly. Assign a key command for that. If you want to use it on your joystick, you have to use your controller's software and assign that same key command for one of your bottons.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest diskus

Thanks,However I am looking to deactivate the autothrottle specifically, I believe the AP setting would deactivate the cmd function or am I wrong?Mike

Guest diskus

So I venture there is no way to do so for autothrottle just autopilot?Mike

No, there is. In my original instructions, I mistakenly put AP when I should've put AT. If you look for AP, that will disconnect the autopilot. If you look for something with AT DISC, that will disconnect the autotrottle.I actually asked a question leading to this procedure a few months ago:http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...25870&mode=fullRyan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest diskus

Thanks,I actually have a post in that thread, however the specific problem is one another post in the thread also mentions, however I see no solution mentioned"I'm slightly confused what A/T disconnect command ? It doesn't exist in PMDG or FS key commands as far as I can see. Nor have I seen the A/T disconnect switches modelled on the PMDG throttle ??"I cannot seem to find anyway to map a keystroke to AT disconnect either, using the mouse is not practical in late landing phase. Mike

Here are the steps I used to program my controller to disconnect the A/T:1. Open the PMDG menu and select 'General' then 'keyboard commands'.2. Select 'MCP' from the drop down menu and go to #56. It should say 'MCP Abort TO/Discon AT'.3. Enter a key command for this. Remember the key command. NOTE: MAKE SURE YOU ASSIGN A KEY OR KEY COMBINATION THAT IS NOT USED BY FLIGHT SIMULATOR OR ANY ADDON. Optionally, you could assign a key combination for something else that you don't use but disable the other funtion first. eg. If you set the altimeter using the knob instead of pressing 'B', remove the key from the altimeter in the FS menu and then reassign it in the PMDG menu.4. Open your controller's software.5. Select the button you wish to assign as the A/T Disconnect button.You should have an option to assign a keystroke. When it asks you to enter a command, enter what you assigned for the 'MCP Abort TO/Discon AT'. This will enable you to disconnect the Auto Throttle during landing with the press of a button. Or a combination of buttons if you stick with just the keyboard command.You can use this same procedure to Disconnect the Autopilot as well but of course you will look for 'MCP Discon AP'. Also, when you first hit the button, the AP Disconnected alarm will go off and the Disconnect Bar will lower. Press the button again to turn off the alarm and reset the Disconnect Bar.Hope this finally helps!Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest diskus

Thanks!That did the trick. I knew that command had to be in there somewhereMike