Sign in to follow this  
c402_cvs

Sound problem

I installed something, cannot say what since I installed quite a few things since I last flew the 738 and it screwed up my sounds for this aircraft. Question now is how do I reinstall the sounds for the 738 without having to reinstalling everything again? The installation sequence as I understand it is, 738 and then the 744. Now to reinstall all of those with all my liveries will be a logistical nightmare so if there is any other way of doing it I would really appreciate some tips FRED

Fred,Can you give a bit more info on the sound issues. I had sound issues that would cause FS to crash. After a quick search on this forum I found that is could quite possibly be the sound card drivers. I reinstalled the driver for the card and hey presto, all was well again. Justin

Justin Paull

Some sounds are missing, like the taxi wheel sound and the brake squeak. The engines sound like the default 737 engine sounds now and is much softer than I remember it. Everything works, no crashes just sounds that are missing!

FS will actually CTD if the sounds are flat out missing (as in the wav files are gone) so that's probably not the issue. I'd check your sound drivers and ensure that you don't have anything running in the background that could be interfering with sound output.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com