Sign in to follow this  
Guest atrdrvr7

L3 climb? values locked B737 6789

Guest atrdrvr7

Does any one know how to get this thing to program. After finishing the perf init I want to set up an L3 climb but the fmc won't allow me to change the values. Normally I would go to climb page and set L3=220/3000agl and L2=250kts. The values are locked for some reason.Tham=nks

Guest atrdrvr7

L3 is line select 3 left. Meaning if you look at the fmc the third button down on the left is 3 left or L3. Thats how most operators configure the plane for its climb profile on the climb page on the FMC. Either L2 or L3 climb depending on preference. Say if the runway you were taking off on sent you in the opposite direction of your course you may not want to accel to 250kts as this takes you further from the course. So if you set 220 or 210 for clean maneuvering depending on your weight it makes the profile more efficient. This also allows for vnav instead of level change.