Sign in to follow this  
mbunjes

747 losing speed and altitude

Hi,On my last flight from EGLL to KJFK I was happily cruising along at 36000 when I suddenly noticed the speed dropping and the airplane losing altitude with a high angle of attack. I tried a different thrust mode in the FMC but could only very slowly get the speed up again. What am I doing wrong ? I can only think that my weight maybe was too high for the altitude I was flying at. Could this be it or is there something I have overlooked ?

Guest nicam

Check you weather settings, MSFS sometimes cause sudden wind changes, which lead to this problem.Michael

Hi, thanks for the input. I use Active Sky but maybe I forgot to make the proper adjustments in FS. I'm pretty sure I was at my optimum altitude according to the FMC.

>You have to check your FSUIPC module on Weather chapter.>Check "smooth wind transition ".Is this only avalable with a registered version because I don't have a weather tab. All I have is reset default weather and clear weather. And does this take away from realistic windshears?In response to the original topic, what is happening is the wind speed or direction or both is changing too quickly for your aircraft to compensate. I don't know if this happens in real life (wind speed/direction and aircraft performance wise), but I just let the aircraft recover it self. It's probably safer than having me take over anyway.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Well, maybe it's best to let the airplane recover on it's own but it's kind of frightening to lose thousands of feet and ATC screaming at you about your assigned altitude, so I would prefer not to get into this situation...:-(