Sign in to follow this  
Guest abulaafia

The Heat is On: SkySim releases MD-11

Ha ha! You jest...These are the guys from Vans Air Co, and I can tell you as an owner of their B717 (very similar gauges to their MD-11) that PMDG has got absolutely nothing to worry about!:-outta

Graeme Butler

I wouldn't say they suck, exactly.... Looks like a lot of work has gone into this sim.However, anyone who says "Perfectly recreated systems AIR, Electrical, Fuel and Hydraulic." are making rather bold claims. Not even Level D big sims perfectly recreate real aicraft.Rgds.Q>

Bouffff !!!Pathetic cockpit !!!Just one thing, look at the Navigation Display, the map is taken from the default FS Garmin GPS.I wouldn

"Operational FMC a combination of Real procedures and FS GPS Native system."Well according to the ND and the above, this isn't a plane for me.I

I'm sure it'll be fine for some people, so good luck to them.For me, if it's not 'Bill Grabowski', I'm not interested. I hope PMDG release an FS9 version of their MD-11 so that I can buy it.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Gavin,Thank you. You are too kind. And... I don't think you'll be disappointed. Actually, I think the SkySimulations MD-11 will provide a nice comparison to the PMDG product. Bill

Guest Steve_Park

Bill, Have to agree, that the PMDG version will be miles ahead of this, however, as someone who has been flying the old FS2000 panel (patched for FS2004) from ACSoft.ch with the ACS-GPS autopilot/FMS(?), this is a welcome, cheap, addition to my hanger. Even has some nice wing view's with moving control surfaces, if you like that sort of thing. However to compare your version of this beauty is like comparing a grape to a grapefruit....only the name is close. A couple of quick flight's and no surprises, uses default MSFS autopilot with the FS9 flight plan's...good thing is that the FSNav autopilot and FMS will work this rendition. If the PMDG MD-11 is going to be a FSX only release, then the Skysimulation MD-11 will be getting many, many hours this year and next...until hardware catches up with FSX...probably about the time FSXI is ready for release.Steve Park

Could I remind you, this is the PMDG Support Forum? ;-)Like all the reality fans, I will wait for their Product. I am sure it will be a 'head-and-shoulders' above any other version.Take your time Bill and don't be harrassed by the originator of this thread?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest zsoltszivak744

Come on now, I am 100% sure PMDG can bring something better to the table than that. Not knocking them for their work, but they have a ways to go before competing with PMDG.Zsolt