Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dean

ATC does not tell me to descend for landing! Help!

BTW, Flight Following is for VFR flying only.Michael J.

Oh well then I am 100% sure my IFR was cancelled. I had the option of "Cancel flight following" since the first center I contacted. My bad... :-shyMike

Guest Dean

What effect does requesting this have on the simulator? I've selected it in Fly and never really saw an effect but I don't think I ever selected it while flying VFR as Michael says.

Flight Following keeps an eye out for traffic for you. It gives you advisories when traffic is too close and asks you if you have the traffic in sight.Take careMike

Guest Dean

So that is why I get those advisories! I always thought it was juar a normal part of ATC. So selecting it does have an effect.*:-*

Guest Dominik Mann

>ATC clears me to descend but most of the time it is already >too close to the airport! ugh! Tell me about it :-roll ...as if I was flying a Stuka...