Sign in to follow this  
Guest zsoltszivak744

Need ADVICE on new joystick from PMDG community!!

Guest zsoltszivak744

Hello all, I know this is not really directly related to PMDG and it's products but I am in need of some advice from the great PMDG forum gang on purchasing a new joystick. I' ve pretty much narrowed it down to the SAITEK EVO / EVO FORCE / EVO WIRELESS controls since I do not want to spend the money on an X 52 right now. However I would like to know what you all think about the afore mentioned brand and what type of flight controls most of you use.Any input or opinions would be much appreciated.Looking forward to your comments.Zsolt

I have a CH Flight Yoke USB, but most of the time I use an old Saitek Cyborg 3D Gold I've had for probably 6+ years, it works great for quick stuff when I don't want to set up the yoke...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest zsoltszivak744

Thank You Ryan,any input on the Saitek EVO FORCE/ FORCE FEEDBACK stick, would you recommend it for Pmdg aircraft or flight sim in general, or is it unnecessary?Regards: Zsolt

Guest zsoltszivak744

Thanks Mark, I will most likely get it as well. Just trying to get a few more opinions.Cheers: Zsolt

Guest B1900 Mech

You have to get this,http://www.flightdecksolutions.com/prod_info.php?id=322 For the up coming AirBus:-)

Are you suggesting flying the PMDG's with anything other than a CH Steering Yoke?Shame on you sir ;-) Boeing just would not be impressed!

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest zsoltszivak744

Yeah well, I'm not quite there yet, but eventually might consider getting one. Cheers: Zsolt

I've had the aviator stick for a little over a month and I am very happy with it. I like the fact that I can twist the stick for rudder inputs and not have to use rudder pedals. I would highly suggest that joystick. Best Buy had it for the same price.John

John P. Navara

PP ASEL-IA - 1967 V35 N480H

Complex, HP & Tailwheel endorsements

https://twitch.tv/Sim_Dude

I have the X52 with the separate joystick and throttle combination. It is superb. I particularly love the long throw of the throttle asembly and its smooth but firm operation. You can disengage the auto throttle on the PMDG 744 on finals and easily maintain your approach speed. If you need 141 kts you can set the throttle precisely and hold that speed with few adjustments. The Joystick feels light at first but soon wins you over. It is very precise making a hand flown approach a real joy. On top of that you can program both the throttle and the joystick so that you never ever have to touch the keyboard or mouse to do anything again ever other than to set the MCP Altitude.Gerry

Guest diskus

I assume the X 52 must have rotational axis twisting for rudder control? Are there wheels or other useful for both trim and rudder trim?Mike

Guest TrafficTraffic

I too have the Saitek Cyborg EVO and very much like it.Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)

Guest zsoltszivak744

Thanks Guys for the input, I ordered the Cyborg EVO but might just lay out the cash for an X52 in a little while.You all rock: Zsolt

Mike,Yes, it does have the rotational twist rudder. Things like elevator and rudder trim can be assigned to either a wheel or a toggle switch. It works extremely well with prop aircraft like the Pipers and Cessnas but I haven't used it with the heavy metal as yet.Gerry