Sign in to follow this  
Guest zsoltszivak744

Need ADVICE on new joystick from PMDG community!!

Guest diskus

I purchased the saitek aviator and am very pleased with it so far. IT seems very stable with little play, the toggle buttons are very useful for assigning flaps and trims etc. Its a bit stiff compared to what Im used to but Ill adjust Im sure. I saw the x-52 as well at the store . Im sure its a fine stick, but it was a bit large and overwhelming looking for me. I prefer a smaller subtle modelMike

Guest blevenzon

I have the X52, with the throttle and joystick combo as well, Its awsome I cant imagine simming without it, I use it on my PMDG 737NG and PMDG 747, the only problem is I've been using for so long Im taking my first actual flight next sunday, and so Im affraid I learned a bad habbit as real pilots use left hand to steer and right hand for throttle, as the x52 is the other way around. But really X52 for the money and the programmibility is an absolute awsome package I rarely touch the keyboard, only for the MCP setting

Guest M-Sauce

I agree, the X-52 is excellent. It could be a little tighter on the stick-force, but you soon get used to it. It has the rotational-yaw opetion, but I use one of the thumb wheels on the stick for taxiing, and it feels more like the tiller on the actual airplane. It works great for those sharp parking turns. I've also programmed the other thumb wheel for rudder trim and that works great for engine failures. The rest of the buttons offer many programable options. The software is easy to use and I have multiple profiles for the different type of airliners I use (NG, 400, and LDS 76).I recommend it. I've been using it since November of 06 and I haven't had any lockups or glitches. Mariano

Guest robfather

Zsolt,I have the Saitek X52 that I used for about 3 months and then bought a control column. It's for sale if you're interested. Email me at for more info.Rob