Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jacob Lee

Reinstall MSFS

Guest Jacob Lee

Good day all. I was having problems with FS lately. Everytime FS would switch times from night to day, or day to night, FS would crash. I was given a tip to backup my config folder, then delete it and allow FS to reconfigure itself. That worked. But I recently accidentally erased the config file without backing it up. I would like to reinstall MSFS. My question is this: how can I uninstall MSFS and then reinstall it without losing my PMDG aircraft? I can download my other airplanes again, but I can't download my PMDG again since the time download time lapsed a while ago. Can anyone help. Thanks.-- Jake

Jake!When you d/l the PMDG you got an set-up (exe file).Are you sure you haven

Guest Jacob Lee

>Jake!>>When you d/l the PMDG you got an set-up (exe file).>Are you sure you haven

Jake,The PMDG aircraft you downloaded came in the form of an executable file within a zip file. Do you still have those zip files? Or do you still have the exe files that you extracted from those original zip files?If not, you'll loose all of the PMDG stuff when you remove FS9. If you don't have the original downloads, you're not going to be able to reinstall the aircraft once you wipe FS9 from your hard drive.Regards,Jim Karn

Guest Jacob Lee

>Jake,>>The PMDG aircraft you downloaded came in the form of an>executable file within a zip file. Do you still have those>zip files? Or do you still have the exe files that you>extracted from those original zip files?>>If not, you'll loose all of the PMDG stuff when you remove>FS9. If you don't have the original downloads, you're not>going to be able to reinstall the aircraft once you wipe FS9>from your hard drive.>>Regards,>Jim Karn Jim, Okay I looked and I have the zip files of both the Queen of the Skies and the Freighter version. Should I put these files in anohter folder (such as my documents), uninstall FS, and then reinstall the PMDG aircraft? Thanks as always.-- Jake

Guest Jacob Lee

Can anyone tell me if my above post is the proper procedure I should do? -- Jake