Sign in to follow this  
Guest joey8507262

Kai Tak navdata problem

Guest joey8507262

Hi Captains!I have some problem with navdata and i need some help!I've downloaded a SID/STAR file for Kai Tak(VHHX.txt) and put in SIDSTAR folder, when i want to add to destination VHHx the FMC said NOT IN DATABASE. Why?I'm using AIRAC 0701 from navigraph.Please help!!Gyula

Guest pierre974

VHHX is no longer in service, thus it not present in the recent AIRAC cycles (even if you have a sid/star file for it, the airport file within the AIRAC cycle does not include VHHX anymore).If you want to fly to Kai Tak (and its "infamous" IGS 13 approach), you will have to get back to a previous AIRAC cycle (I think 0608 is free and it does include VHHX).Hope this helps.

Guest joey8507262

Is it possible to add an airport manualy to the AIRAC?Gyula

Guest staang

>Is it possible to add an airport manualy to the AIRAC?Hi GyulaSure you can. The relevant files are airports.dat and wpNavAPT.txt. Both are text files. All you have to do is add the appropriate lines. I have some old files from Richard Stefan, the original provider of the AIRAC, that include VHHX. Send me an email at bycool@hotpop.com and I can fix you up. I presume you are using FS04 or FS02 so it has all the radio navaids needed at VHHX. RegardsTerry

Guest joey8507262

Thank you Guys, i've added manualy to the airports.Thanks again!Gyula

Guest B1900 Mech

Hi all, I tried to copy the VHHX line entry's into the FMCWP 0701 files using the same VHHX line entrys from PIC/PMDG 0608,But then the CDU will not accept any airport entry's.

Did you add the VHHX info to both wpNavApt.txt and airports.dat? Also, do not use tab but only use space for white spaces. This same topic had a thread about two weeks ago.

Dan Downs KCRP

Simply do not use tab to move cursor from end of "HONG KONG" to beginning of "VHHX..." only use the space bar and line up the new line to match the original entries.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest B1900 Mech

OK,Thanks for the reply Dan,I have always used space bar,and backspace to position line entry's correctly.Why do I still have issues? What am I missing? When I make the line entry's as in my previous post,The CDU will not accept any airport entry's.

Maybe I can spot the problem if you send my your wpNavAPT.txt and airport.dat files to downscc@swbell.net

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest B1900 Mech

Thank You Dan,Coming your way.

Okay pardner... the problem is found and fixed and the files sent back to you. Not sure how it happened, but the info you entered ended up on the same line as existing info but padded to the right with enough spaces to make it look like a new line with word wrap on. The fix was deleting a lot of spaces and inserting a return (CR LF). Many happy flights.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest B1900 Mech

Thankyou again Dan! And thank's for your contributions to our hobby:-)