Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

FS2Crew

Hi all,I'm thinking about ordering the FS2Crew for the PMDG 747-400, and I'm just wondering if any of you have used this software and if it works really well. Does anyone who have this software recommend it? Ken.

Ken,I remember some weeks ago there was a discussion about the very same topic where some FS2Crew users wrote about their experiences and opinions about that software. You might want to do a search for that thread.Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

>Hi all,>I'm thinking about ordering the FS2Crew for the PMDG 747-400,>and I'm just wondering if any of you have used this software>and if it works really well. Does anyone who have this>software recommend it? >>Ken. Yes many of us use it, a very similar thread was posted recently you should checkhttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...27395&mode=full

Ken,PC Pilot Magazine recently reviewed the PMDG 747 and 747 FSX Edition of FS2Crew.http://www.fs2crew.com/747review.pdfThere are also a lot of movies floating around on the net showing FS2Crew in action with Track IR, the PMDG and other addons.Movies are worth a millions words so I'd take a look at those too.Cheers,Bryan

>Yes many of us use it, a very similar thread was posted>recently you should check>>http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...27395&mode=fullI was just going to say that I posted a topic about that not too long ago but looks like someone beat me to it. So I guess I'll just do a follow up for you, Ken. It is a fantastic addon and the price is amazingly low by my standards. As far as how it runs in the sim, it does add a lot to the whole experience. I had some trouble learning how to run everything, but if you get the flow chart from AVSIM or the FS2Crew website (which actually links straight to it), learning everything is a breeze! It's also very convenient to have a Copilot. You know those little things around the cockpit you forget as you taxi on to the runway and takeoff; he sets them for you! Well, almost everything. Other than that, the check lists help to ensure you haven't forgotten anything. It's also nice to have them read off to you instead of reading them while you taxi. I haven't gone off a taxiway since!Have fun!Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest chicodave

I would love to agree Ryan BUT I have had no luck with the program and more importantly no support. All I can say is that if you download this software make sure you do it right the first time because you not get any direct help from Flight1. I might be a DA and over looked something but my experience with this program has not been good. I hope I can find a direct e-mail address and not the just the flight1.com ticket information. I anyone knows a better way to contact the flight1 group let me know PLEASE. I will also look at some of the other post for help.

Guest chicodave

ok I will try that

Chicodave,FS2Crew itself provides support for FS2Crew. Flight1 is merely the E-Commerce provider.FS2Crew provides among the fastest and best support in the addon business.I've received your email and I suspect you may have an easily correctable issue with your FSX registry.If you didn't get my reply email, please check your Spam box.Cheers,Bryan

Thanks Guys,I did purchase the PMDG 747-400 FS2Crew and it seems to be a great addon. It's not that difficult for me to do the FO job during taxing from the terminal to take-off. But it's a little more work after I have landed and when I go through the After Landing proceedures. If I'm not careful, I'll taxi off the taxiway while I have another window open to run through these proceedures. So, with FS2Crew, I won't have to worry about this and I can taxi the airplane while my FO does the proceedure just like in the real world of flying. I think I'm going to like the addon and one thing I really like about it is that you can pull up your flight performance, for that flight, just by clicking on the green manual. I'm going to read through the manual and then I'll try it out. Once again, thanks guys and I'll check out those links. I haven't been here in some time now. Ken.

Guest chicodave

Thank you for setting me on the right path. FS2Crew is now helping me with my problem.

Guest chicodave

Just to set things strait The FS2crew is the best. In one afternoon they where able to help me. I would like to thank Bryan and the crew for all their help.