Sign in to follow this  
Guest KemoF15

PMDG Navdata load times

Guest KemoF15

GentsIs there anyway to speed up the PMDG Navdata load times when you initially select a PMDG aircraft in FS9--AIRAC cycle 702 is released--but it takes nearly 2 minutes to load up every flight (in the FS9 create flight menu). I recall back in the pre-610 days, the menu would pop up and load within 10-20 seconds.THanksRake

I have AIRAC cycle 0702 as well and it takes no where near 2 minutes to load the data. I would recommend loading a default aircraft first and then loading the PMDG aircraft. The data does take muxh longer to load if done from the create a flight screen by selecting the PMDG aircraft first.What I do is load a presaved flight which is the default 737-400 cold and dark then I switch aircraft to the PMDG. I takes maybe 10 to 20 secs to load the data at that point.

Dave Paige

Guest KemoF15

Thanks DaveBeen away from the PMDG for a while--I've been flying the new FT/Wilco Airbus 319 for USA--I'll give your method a shot. CheersRake

Guest KemoF15

Works great--I suppose the key is not to load PMDG in the create flight menu but select the aircraft once you're located at the default gate--takes about 5 secs to load the NAVDATA.THanks!

I believe deleting all the routes stored in the navdata folder (if you don't use them) helps with the load time too.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com