Sign in to follow this  
rgamurot

One year with PMDG!

One year ago, I flew my first purchased the amazing PMDG 744. I can still remember how shocked I was at the difficulty I had trying to simply start the engines. It was two days later when I finally took my first flight as I was still try to learn the aircraft. On average, it would take me about 45 minutes to simply start taxing. It's funny that after getting my preflight down to 10 minutes, I'm back to 45 with FSCrew. That and even though I've been at it for a year now, I'm still learning new tricks and functions I never knew about. I must say that before the PMDG 744, I never purchased addons. I would just take what I could find on AVSIM. Funny part is that I was originally looking for a twin engine airliner like the 777 at the time and could only find Payware aircraft. Then I came across the PMDG site. It wasn't what I was looking for but more than I asked for. I want to thank PMDG for a wonderful line of products as I now also own the B1900C/D and the 737-600/700/800/900. I must admit though that they were somewhat disappointing after the 744.I also like the PMDG community, though. I've never been in any aviation forum or group before this one. Now I spend 99% of my time on the internet here. It's really a great place to talk about the aircraft, real or otherwise, and a terrific place to get help. It's also nice to know there are others out there who are just as crazy as me about flying.To be honest, for me, PMDG has set the standard for every aircraft out there! Keep up the good work and I look forward to your FSX line.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Congrats man, I've had my 747 for a little over a year. Haven't gotten around to flying it lately as all my flying if for a VA, and I'm not rated for it, but I think I need to reinstall it and FS2Crew and get her up in the air.I'm still excited for the MD-11. I can't wait for that release, and have a feeling that once it's out, I'll be switching to the MD-11 program over at www.deltava.org. Shameless plug.

Guest mcalpinep

Mike,I've just joined British Airways Virtual and your starting rank of First Officer allows you to fly the 747-400F. It's added a whole new dimension to my simming.And you are both correct, I think PMDG set the standard for flight sims.Enjoy.Phil McAlpine.