Sign in to follow this  
Guest ad00am

PMDG 737 ILS/Autoland Help

Guest ad00am

Hi allI am fairly new to PMDG 737 800/900 and although I have grasped most things, there is one area that I am slightly confused about and would be grateful if someone could explain to me.Landing - ILS / AUTOLAND 1st Question: What are the differences between the two? Also does anyone have any advice for flying the final approach? For example should I establish on the ILS and then 3 miles from touchdown disengage A/P and fly manually? I hope this makes senseIf someone could explain, I would be more than grateful.Adam Spalding

Guest johnearl

Not that I am expert but if you tune both nav radios to the ILS frequency you enable autoland. To engage it you have to press Auto Pilots A&B. As for intercepting the ILS, descend to 2500 feet agl and vector towards the centre line. If you have autoland engaged the aircraft will flare and the engines will retard at the right point. I dont konw if its the correct procedure but I disengage the auto throttle and autopilot after touchdown, engage reverse thrust and track the r/w center line.RegardsJohn Earl

Couple things you need to take a look at Adam,First be sure to take a look at the following documentation included with the NG:05_NORMAL_PROCEDURES_737_678900_V14.PDF07_SYSTEMS_OPERATION_737_688900_V14.PDFThen take a look at Fred Clausen's 737 tutorial:http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=34250These documents should answer all of your questions. :-)

Guest ad00am

GeorgeMany thanks for this link, it has answered many questions and helped me greatly.One more question I have and I am aware this has been covered before (just cant find the link)I regularly fly the Ryanair 737-800 but the call sign in Flight Sim is '737' Is there anyway I can get a call sign of 'Ryanair'?Many Thanks in advanceAdam

There is, but I don't remember the specifics. Try using the forum's advanced search function and you may be able to find something here or the FS forums. Someone else may be able to chime in on this one as well. :-)