Sign in to follow this  
Guest Heather 636

Project Airbus - Need Help for a Friend

Guest Heather 636

G'Day Y'all!I have a friend who has buku experience with flying the real thing, from DC-3's up to and including 747's.Unfortunately, that experience does not extend to computers and flightsims.I have very little to go on at the moment, but perhaps one of you here familiar with the Project Airbus will have a btter idea of the problen he is having and can explain what to do in a clear, step by step procedure.Don't let me down here guys. I'm always boasting how great everyone is over here and how extensive their combined knowledge is.Here's the gist of his last email to me:Thanks for the help in opening the cfg.file. I think,however, that I am in way over my head in messing around with cfg. files. I was trying to install anAirbus 320 in FS2002 and everything went well untilthisinstruction in the readme file. "Please read thepanel.cfg in our A320 panel directory for furtherinstruc- tions on how to enable virtual cockpit gauges andsmoke system with 3rd Party panels". With your helpI opened the panel.cfg and this is the openingparagraph with the instructions, followed by a wholebunchof parameters. // Panel Configuration file// Default panel.cfg for the Project Airbus A320, copy the [vcockpit01]and[vcockpit02] parameters to your preferedpanel(panel.cfg) and delete any other [vcockpit**]lines in your prefered panel.cfg for the PA320VC to work properly.Be sure$mfdzwo and $mfd.bmp are also installed in the panelfolder of your prefered panel for the PA320Be sure to also add this line to your A320 panel.cfg:gauge XX=PAVortices!PAVortices,0,0,1Replace XX by the appropriate number ( they'renumbered sequentially in the panel.cfgThanks in advance!Heather[/b]

Hi HeatherHe doesn't need to do a thing if he's simply loading up Project Airbus' marvellous work. The instructions you post refer only to someone wishing to use 3rd party panels with their Airbus .... and it doesn't seem that you pal is anywhere near that stage of involvement with FS. So just tell hime to install as per directions, and not to read the small print.Mind you, I've just had 12 beers, so if I'm wrong, I stand corrected by whomsoever may shoot me down in flames.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

What they are trying to say is paste those lines into your panel.cfg if you want to use the virtual cockpit.I use the PSS panel and took out there VC lines and pasted the lines above in it's place.If you where using just the default 737 panel you can do the same but there are some pretty decent panels in the avsim library.If your friend likes airbus alot tell him to check out wilco's upcoming A320 pilot in commmand. www.wilcopub.com I know iam realllllllllllly looking forward to that.despite the ugly annoying blue (it should be light blue not dark) of the beta :)hope this helps :)Richard Dillon KATLSr First Officer www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team____________________________"Lets Roll" 9/11 Specs AMD 1600 XP 512MB DDR GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 SP2

Guest Heather 636

Thanks guys!I will forward this info on to him.I have already suggested that he visit us here at AVSIM where a person can learn a LOT.Sounds like he would fit right in and in no time at all be a "regular."Cheers!Heather