Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

Longest Airway in the World?

I know it's a random question, it came to me towards the end of a pleasant 744F freight run from KORD down to MMMX just earlier. What is the longest continuous Airway on the planet?If it follows a particularly interesting route it might be worth flying it one day!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Mark, while not specific airways, as they vary day by day depending on the upper wind forecast, they could be the non-stop Flex Tracks across the Pacific between Sydney (YSSY) and Melbourne (YMML)Australia & Aukland (NZAK), and the US West Coast. Normally 13 to 14 hours for the B744. NeilYPAD

That's a good question Mark and a question I'd like the answer to as well. I wonder if anybody really knows.

Guest mffelicio

UN741 from Buenos Aires to KEPER (Star to LFPG)The UN741 cross the Uruguay, Brazil, Atlantic Ocean and finish in France.Is good to you?:-)

Guest abulaafia

Here my entry: The longest continuous airway in the world is G223, from PQ south of RJAA, 7278 miles to SAREG in the middle of nowhere (that is 1134 miles east of FAAA). THey don't come much longer than that. You can fly RJAA-FAAA, lovely destination.

UN741 From Paris down to South America was my guess also, but it looks like Marten is our current leader. Anyone able to top this? :-)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg