Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

PMDG-GoFlight MCP Pro Interface Released!

Captains-A small bit of news for those of you interested in using your GoFLIGHT MCP Pro hardware with a PMDG product:PMDG has just released the long awaited PMDG-GoFlight MCP PRO hardware interface software that will enable you to use the GoFlight MCP Pro in conjunction with either your PMDG 747-400/400F or the PMDG 737-600/700/800/900 series airplanes.The interface is available now through our site and features a new license generating process that will allow you to generate and download your license key immediately! Simply follow the instructions that are provided by email at time of purchase, and you will be able to generate your license key without having to wait on technical support staff!We recognize that many of you have been waiting on this software for a significant period of time- and we appreciate your patience. There have been a number of technical hurdles that required the cooperation of PMDG and GoFlight to resolve- but given the task saturation of both companies this was not often easy to accomplish.Also- one other note- please be certain that you have the PMDG 737-800/900 installed if you wish to use this module with the PMDG 737NG product line- as the 800/900 is required in this case.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest Gustavo_Hdez

Hi Robert,I'm getting a problem with the driver. It works fine with 747-400 but when loading 737-800 when I turn heading knob from 360 (Initial heading loaded when I load flight 737-700 cold and dark and then load -800), to 001, the MCP PRO shows 341 but in aircraft panel shows 001, and it add and rest grades as moved in the knob but always in MCP has 20 degrees less. If the movement is done in the aicraft panel, then the MCP shows the correct datas. The happens with Altitude, showin 00100 when it started in 10000 and I moved to 10100, but if moving panel aircraft then it shows correct datas. And finally with IAS, the same problem shows 001 when should shows 201. If continue moving it continues changing but with 10000 of difference in altitude and 200 of difference in IAS. No problem with Course.Let me know if you neeed more info or a copy of debug window.regards.

Please make sure that your GoFlight Configurator has been set to "Compatible Addons".Best regards,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Gustavo_Hdez

Hi Lefteris, thanks, that was the problem. Just changed it to "Compatible Addons" and it works perfecty.regardsGustavo Hernandez.

Guest rhammond

Lefteris,I have similar problems (e.g., Slow response--tracking, and MCP locks up during flight). Unplugging and reconnecting USP MCP Pro and reconnecting with PMDG 737-900 re-establishes the driver. I do have GF Config set to Compatible Addons. I hope this is as easy for you to troubleshoot!Rick

Guest rhammond

Lefteris,Just to add to the above, all functions work well on the GF MCP Pro with the PMDG 737NG 900, however, the GF MCP Pro stops updating on occasion and is slow refreshing segment values, even though the simulator MCP continues to function properly and respond properly. For example, when you change speed on MCP Pro, the sim follows the change but the MCP Pro does not for a couple of seconds--slow update and sometimes goes blank! One could probably deal with this, but over time the GF MCP stops working. You can pause the flight, unplug the GF MCP Pro USB, plug-in the USP, then reconnect it through PMDG utility and it now works fine. It appears like the driver gets corrupted.R

Rick-even though this may seem like a "similar" problem, it's not - this is most likely an issue with your USB connection vis a vis the GoFlight hardware itself.Are you possibly using a USB hub that might be "falling behind"?You might also want to involve GoFlight into this issue, as we don't have that problem in house.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest rhammond

Thanks,This sim is loaded with GF equipment so USB could be a problem. Just wonder how much GF equipment was installed when test was done on PMDG 737 and GF MCP Pro? I could start pulling USB connections until I see increased performance.Thanks for your timeR

Guest The_Glideslope

Mr. RandazzoI want this reply to be understood as a respectful and constructive piece of opinion. Nothing else. No hostility.I was thrilled to see that you released this long waited interface and I went straight to your page to download it.When I got there I was confronted with two things I possibly didn't realized in previous visits to this Forum:a) This interface is charged.:( The price is the same as an addon.My protest is this, and I expect you to read it with a clear mind. This is no criticism.If I buy MCP Pro that costs me 500 Euros (not your call, but take it in consideration, please), PMDG 737 (the 600/700 and 800/900 sums up to 75 Euros), the PMDG 747, the most expensive airplane addon in the market and spend 50 Euros, now I have to spend even more 40 Euros on a program that only interfaces a third party hardware device?I could pay something, I mean it's hard work I know, but 40 Euros? This is the price of any addon outthere...All other companies supply interfaces free of cost.In my point of view, it's not fair to charge at all, but even if you did, why charge so much? It's not like the work was so hard you had to "punish" the GoFlight owners, I don't want to think that, but I cannot see that it took you "so much" money to develop this...Want to know what's worse in all this? GoFlight is absent, no once can really come up with the interface except you, and I think you can charge whatever you feel like since no one can really stand up.Did you really need to earn so much money from this? I wonder how many guys out there actually own MCP-Pro and PMDG 737/747?I just want an explanation, this is NOT criticism, nor do I wish to cause any fights. And I'm sure you have a perfectly sane explanation for this.Thank you.

Jon-Thank you for your message.You are certainly correct- we CAN charge whatever we'd like for our products- not just the GoFlight interface.This being the case- I don't think it is unreasonable that we have selected a price of only $49.Lets be asbsolutely clear about something here: PMDG is not a hobby- PMDG is a business. We charge a price for our products because we must pay they staffers who work on them, plus we must pay for legal, technical suppprt, diistribution, marketing, etc.While most simmers think that the skills and time involved in the development of high quality addons is minimal- it actually takes a significant amount of both- and this must be adequately compensated.For the capability of our FS software- when compared to the capability of MOST of the stuff put out by the sim developer community- we should charge significantly more than we do.So while I'm sorry you feel it is an inconvenience that you are required to purchase a $49 interface to use your $700 of hardware with our $67 simulation- but we really aren't the pricey piece of your hobby. ;-)

Guest craigjjs

I do not own the GF product, but hope to do so in the future. I, still, have to say this software is not overpriced. There will be a limited number of customers to cover the costs of developping the software and I am amazed PMDG can even break even selling it at that price. I am, frankly, more upset at needing to buy a whole new system to operate Vista and FSX.Craigjjs

Craig-I'm holding off on Vista until Ryan gives the "all clear." He's the resident Vista nerd- so he's keeping me up to date on changes and updates. I am fortunate that I won't likely have to update ALL of my hardware- but from the sounds of it my nVidia 7800 is going away...

Guest The_Glideslope

Mr. RandazzoThank you for the sober explanation. I was somehow predicting your answer. Anyway, I hope this interface works well, because what I want is to make my 747 work no matter what it takes. But I can't afford it right now.Any plans of including this in the future 744 for FSX boxed release?

Guest markiannarelli

Hi Can I ask if this driver will allow the MCP Pro to be used with the MD11 when it is released and longer term with the PMDG A320 Thanks Mark

Mark-if and when we decide on the MD11 hardware compatibility, we'll announce it through our web site. At the moment, there's no such decision pending until after we release.

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg