Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Cannot "see" NG flightplans in the FMC of the 744 ...?

I just tried to load several flightplans that I built for the NG series into the FMC of the 744 and while they "loaded" using the CO ROUTE LSK function, there are no data visible in the 744 FMC's LEGS pages and so they are unusable. I am puzzled by this.When I build and save a flightplan exclusively in the 744's FMC, it gets saved with an .RTE extension and loads normally. But the NG flightplans which I built and saved in the NG and which also have an .RTE extension do not display any data when loaded into the 744's FMC.What is going on here? Appreciate any guidance, thanks.Jonathan

He He !!!Old question Jonathan. This may be the best kept secret at PMDG headquarters: the compatibility between 737 and 747 flightplans.It has been asked in this forum several times.Don

Ha-ha-ha! Jose Luis, I have to chuckle (seriously).This is just nuts, but I understand completely if this is indeed the case.[i think another "secret" has to do with entering WINDS in the LEGS RTE DATA pages, no ?]I do agree that PMDG is the best. The 744 is stupendous!Jonathan

Guest mvdv

Hello Jonathan,Do you still want an answer to this question?I've managed to convert a PMDG737 to a PMDG747 FMC flightplan..Just let me know...Best regardsMarc

Hey, Marc:Well, yeah! By all means....shoot!Thanks!JS

>I've managed to convert a PMDG737 to a PMDG747 FMC>flightplan..>Wow !!! Is that true ?Marc, you deserve a big big gold medal.Please, reveal the secret !!!Jose Luis.

Shhhhhhh! Now what have we started.....?!Jonathan

Guest mvdv

Hello fellow simmers,Here are my findings. I hope i don't dissapoint you. I discovered this only yesterday and i didn't found the time to test it to the bottom. But all MY flightplans (PMDG FMC 737) are working in the FMC of the Queen at this moment.On occasion i fly the Macau - KaiTak (old HongKong) route with the PMDG 736. I do not have sids of Macau so i made a flightplan in FSNav with a lot of fixes and the IGS approach on runway 13. I use the export module to the PDMG737 (available here on avsim).The Kaitak approach with a 747 is of course the ultimate challenge. So i changed aircraft but when i loaded the flightplan only the departure apt appears but no legs or other data. This is the problem you are referring to I hope.I've managed to fix this and the flightplan runs perfectly in the Queen - FMC now. I do NOT know if this works for ALL flightplans. I do NOT know if it has something to do with FS Nav. I DO know that SOME 737Flightplans WORK on the Queen. Others don't.My findings:- i export my flightplan first with FSNav in PDMG737 format- that wil generate a .rte file- if it doesn't load in the 747-FMC (only dep arpt) copy it to another file with another name of course- open the .rte with notepad- you will some data like this:PMDG737NGFMC *2.1* 13VMMC1DIRECT1 N 22.1495 E 113.591 19 3411 N 22.135 E 113.597 20 119--1000000-1000000000000000000You will see the different waypoints listed etc etc...You will see also a lot of zeros under the different waypoints.Insert ONE zero somewhere in the middle of each series of zero's (under each waypoint)PMDG737NGFMC *2.1* 13VMMC1DIRECT1 N 22.1495 E 113.591 19 3411 N 22.135 E 113.597 20 119--1000000-1000000000000 <- add a 0 somewhere here with a carriage return and repeat0 this under each waypoint)00000Save and try to load.... If some data is displayed (but not the whole plan) try to make adjustments with the 0 until all the waypoints and the plan is loaded. I know this isn't a 'one-key' solution but it works for me and i've converted a few plans ad random. Just try it and let me know if it works for you.. (I THINK that the flightplans with the header 'PMDG737NGFMC *2.1* ' are causing those problems. Best regardsMarc

Marc:Thanks for this post with the suggestions. I shall try this over the weekend and see what happens.Jonathan[P.S. How on earth did you ever think of such a thing....?!@#?]