Sign in to follow this  
Guest DAVIDJMZ

PMDG 737-700

Guest DAVIDJMZ

Hi All !I have a problem with my PMDG 737-600 and 737-700... I'M not able to follow the magenta line, because the aircraft seems to drift from left to right and wont fly straihgt ahead. As soon as I takeoff, the airplane drift from left to right. If i have to fly from VOR "A" to VOR "B" and the heading is 240, i have to set my heading to 210 to be able to follow the magenta line !I have no fuel imbalanceAll engines work as they should.I also cleared all weather and it still happenany idea what I should do ?thanks

Ms/Mr thanks,Please sign your posts with your real name as per the forum guidelines. Thank you.What's the distance between the waypoints? There is a known issue with the 600/700 and the magenta line. The farther away the waypoints are the more it will deviate from the magenta line but will eventually get to the second waypoint. It's all about the great circle course between any two points of the globe. Do a search for this on this forum and you should get an abundance of answers. This was rectified with the 800/900.Hope it helps,

Guest DAVIDJMZ

I tried a new flight. Distance between the waypoints is not the problem. I tried as short as 10 nm and the problem is still there.I missed an approach and saw that I was right above the runway heading straight ahead (by looking out the windshield) and on the "low forward panel" (where we can see the magenta line) the runway was on my left and I was drifting to the right. (even if i was above the runway and going straight ahead)So it looks to me like the problem come from that "low forward panel"There's seems to always have that 30 degree difference.If I want to follow a 60

Guest DAVIDJMZ

Just tried an other flight and this time i was drifting to the left !See image below. You will see that my airplane is perfectly aligned with the runway, but on the low panel the runway appear at the right side of my aircraft. And if I climb the runway will continue to drift to the right (for this flight. all other flight it was drifting to the left ?)thanks David

David,I've never seen this myself. I know that scenery files, AFCAD files, can do what you are describing in your previous reply. You usually see this as a weird rotation of the world. But according to your screenshot you are just a bit offset. Got me stumped. Have you tried removing and reinstalling the 600/700? What else have you got running with FS? What version of FS are you using?Hope it helps,

Guest DAVIDJMZ

Thanks for your reply !According to my first screenshot I was just a bit offset because I was jut a few feet above the ground ! The more I climb, the more I drift.I removed and re-installed the 600/700 and the problem is still there.Take a look at my other picture below... at 3000 feet above the ground, the drift is really important ! You can notice that i'm perfectly aligned with the runway ( low panel...the aircraft is following the white line) and in reallity the runway is on the far right of the windshild !!!! One other thing that i noticed, if I want to start the load manager i get a message: Could not detect a valid Microsoft Flight Simulator installation !I fly with the LEVELD-767 and no problem at all and also Wilco planes and everything is perfect. I just don't get it why it doesn't work with PMDG ?Other programs running with FS is Activesky (i tried without Active sky and the problem is still there), I have ultimate terrain (canada), FSGlobal2005, LevelD 767, Wilco Legacy, Utimate traffic, Real Environment, Fs2crew (LEVELD 767 edition)I have the original Fs2004 with all cd's version FS9,1Any help to solve this problem is welcome !ThanksDavid

From the picture it would seem you are flying without the autopilot and the glideslope is not captured. Have you tried with the autopilot? As for the Load Manager have you ever had FSX installed? In any event it may be worth downloading and running the registry repairfix http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exeHave you tried the tutorial from Fred Clausen? Over 78,000 downloads and a fine introduction to the aircraft. Get it at http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=34250

Guest eganm

Hello All, I have almost EXACTLY this same problem. The only difference I can see is that this mostly only happens to me in the first half of a flight. For example, earlier I was flying from Dublin To Dusseldorf in Germany. I took off, no problems, about 3 minutes into the flight i engaged Vnav and Lnav and the autopilot. Earlier I had programmed the flight plan into the FMC. So the autopilot went to align itself on the flight plan line. But overshot a little to the left, so the plane banked to the right, then to the left, then right etc trying to get on that line! Then after a few times doing this, the plane banks to the maximum right bank allowed by (i'm assuming) the fmc. Then it goes on to try to get on the line again. Then, (after about 20-30 minutes of banking left and right) it eventually settles down and I have no more problems from there until I touch down EXCEPT that on a full autoland the planes front wheel lands off center to the left so much so that the left back wheel lands slighty in the grass. This problem is annoying me a LOT. Ive searched the forum, manual, ops, even did a google search to find an answer and so far nothing. If the original poster could give an update on his situation that would be helpful. Also, if it will help anyone I will take screenshots tomorrow and post them up. This seems to happen only with the 737-800 (only plane I have done extensive testing with anyway) I have FSX installed but this was happening before I installed that but I tried the registry fixer anyway to no avail. Also, there is a little white line I think indicating bank angle and that dictates or shows the plane where to go. (at least it moves a few secs before the plane banks). Thats white line is curved (depending on bank angle) and is on the middle screen. Thanks, Mike

There was one version of FSUIPC many months ago that was breaking down the wind vectors incorrectly. Backup (rename or move the FSUIPC.dll file) in your modules folder and install the latest version. Also copy your FSUIPC .key file and .ini to a safe folder so you can put them back if needed.http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html and scroll down to FS2004 to get version 3.73. Any registration, paid or application provided should stick.I'm not sure if this is your problem but it can't hurt to update.The white line is a yaw trend indicator illustrating the amount of correction being applied by the auto-pilot.Are all of your airports resulting in off-center landings in auto-land? If not, then it could be a scenery problem.I assume you have some mode of APPR engaged and not relying on LNAV here.I've only had one case where I was significantly off center and that was where on final I was too slow to allow crab correction to gain on a heavy crosswind.Perhaps some of this applies.

Guest eganm

Hey, Very Strangely the problem seems to have disappeared! For the most part anyway. I don't know how it was fixed, I did download and use the registry key fixer. This didn't exactly solve the problem as I mentioned earlier because exactly after it I tested fs9 and the problem was still there. Although today the problem seems to have gone or lessened. Maybe a restart along with the registry key fixer did the trick? I don't know... I don't think so though cause this problem was there before FSX as far as I can remember. So now, autolands get it right on the center regardless or weather. Oh and no, I learned soon after I got to grips with the Pmdg 737, that Vnav and Lnav can NOT be trusted. I was using app with cmd1 and 2 tracking glideslope and localizer. Its really annoying that vnav keeps disconnecting rather than fixing the problem. E.g Overspeed. I guess more learning on How to fly the plane will help that! Since the problem got resolved I noticed that the little screen which pops up when you load the plane (which i'm guessing is the directory of navaids and airports for the FMC) well, it loads a LOT quicker now. I'm almost certain the problem was linked to that in some way. Oh and one final final thing!The plane very slightly corrects itself constantly to keep on the plan. Similar to the problem before but definitely not at all as much banking as before. Just slight, almost constant banking. I'm guessing this is just due to wind? Is this normal on a real boeing 737-800?Anyways, thanks for the help. Mike

Guest DAVIDJMZ

Well,thank you very much everyone for your help !All this problems was a good opportunity for me to erase everything on my hard drive disk . I format my C driver and reinstall everything....13 hours of hard work ( i know...took alot of time but it was the first time i was doing this) but finally everything works fine.There is now a big difference... I now get 35 FPS with everything at max and before it was a real struggle to get above 10 with medium settings !!!!!The FS 2004 program load in less than 10 secondes and before it was more than a minute !My PMDG 737-700 work perfectly now with no FPS hit at all !One more time, thank you all for your help.DAVID