Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

Kai Tak..........the definitive post.........adding a l...

Steve, much obliged! I will experiment in the next couple of days.As far as the scenery request- just search for KaiTak98 at Avsim- superb- I understand that Mr. Kwong's Chep Lok is also wonderful but haven't added it as I don't yet know if it will work together with the Kai Tak add-on. The default Chep Lok seems to show up though....thoughts? Thanks!Carl F. Avari-Cooper BAW0225http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I can also highly recommend kaitak98 scenery by Jim Vile available in the library as kaitak98.zip. It's without any framerate hogging eye-candy's, easy on framerate. User aircrafts will have all approach options through ATC and GPS under both VMC and IMC conditions too.Jim has even coded and compiled the scenery so that AI aircrafts will follow the full IGS/LDA Precision Approach and operate under both VMC and IMC airport conditions for AI Planes.The zip also include charts, AI flight plans, simple mesh files and an option to remove VHHH. Remember to read the documentation carefully.Together with Steve's SID/STAR data in this thread, fire up your PMDG 747 and be ready for some challenging approaches!

Guest diskus

Carl,Does your IGS13 app line you up with the curved approach lighting in the Kat Tak 98 package?For me it places the plane somewhat off to the right of the line of those lightsMike

Guest diskus

Oops wrong person. this is in refernce to the above sid star postMike

Guys,I have been out of comms range for a few days due to work commitments, so sorry for any delay in response!!I agree that my SID/STAR data does put the a/c very slighly to the right of centre line of the curved approach lighting, I used my AFCAD file to correctly position the coordinates for my SID/STAR file, & I had believed that my positioning of the LOC/GS in the AFCAD was correct, if anybody knows the correct coordinates then plse post them, I can them make a comparison & adjust files accordingly. I can then re post the SID/STAR data & adjust the AFCAD if you so wish??

Steve Bell

"Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato (latterly attributed to Saul Bellow)

The most useful tool on the AVSIM Fora ... 'Mark forum as read'

I thought someone was going to put all this VHHX info into PMDG-OPS as a wiki article... anyone?

Dan Downs KCRP

Can some one help me on this I am at kaitak an d i am tryng to program the 747 pax FMC with the sid and star download from navdata.After fill the position and the RTE 1 page with VHHX to VHHX I try to use sid and star for igs but on legs page it it shows only RWY13 even if i chose IGS13 star.If on Leg page I try to uplink a vor like TH i get invalid entry but if I use RTE DCT page and type TH it work.Also in the fix page avery vor or ndb for the kaitak is shown on the page and they work for conditionalwaypont but as long I uplink in legs page i get an invalid entry.I have added all the info you suggest on navdata text file and it seems that the problem is with the airport file could someone can send me the file.thank youIf someone can kindly send the pdf of jeppesen chart for the kaitak I mean the complate set of the airport aereodrome SID STAR even on old revision.It's for collecting all material about this airport.Thank's