Sign in to follow this  
Guest machammer

747-400 and FMC

Guest machammer

I created a flight from KORD to LSGG. After loading it into FS2004. I programmed the FMC by loading the flight plan into CO Plan. Went through the rest of the steps, weight flaps FL etc. All looked good. I then saved the flight to fly later. Exited FS2004 and reloaded the flight. I was suprised to see that the leg information and some other information was gone. The reference to the departure and destination were still there. Without lising what information was gone and what information was still there. My question is should I expect the FMC information to be retained when you save a flight. I checked another flight that I had saved a few months ago and the FMC information was still there. I have been away from the 747-400 for awhile. What am I forgetting to do.Thanks in advance to all who reply.Bill

Bill!When you save a flight in FS then the panelstate (PMDG) also will be saved, therefore i think you have to reload your panelstate (Pmdg menu in FS)/ Leffe

Guest machammer

Leffe,Thanks for your reply. Below is a paragraph I copied from the PMDG 747-400 manual. Titles and Menus page 14.Keeping your saved flights insynch:We recommend using the MSFS FLIGHT/SAVE menu for saving a flight. If you save your flight using MSFS Save Situation menu, your current COCKPIT STATE will be saved simultaneously. When you later reload this scenario you will be right back where you left off.The above procedure is what I did. I didn't see anything in the manuel about reloading the panelstate if I save as above.Does this function not work? RegardsBill

Guest Robin.B

The Cockpit state is saved automatically, but AFAIK isn't reloaded automatically. I might be wrong, but try loading the panel state again anyway.Best Regards,Robin Bilgil

Guest machammer

Robin,At work now. So I will try this when I get home.Thanks for your reply.Regards.Bill

Guest machammer

Ok,Last night I used the Panel Load to restore the panel hoping this would solve the problem. Didn't work. So I started everything from the beginning. This time after doing a FS2004 save, I also did a save of the Panel State. Exited FS. Reloaded, Loaded the Saved Flight and still the Legs page of the FMC lost the speed/altitude for each of the waypoints. Everything else seems to have been restored. But I had one more thing to try. Load the panel I had saved. Well this didn't work either. I did receive a message in the scratch pad line "Takeoff Speeds Deleted". But when I looked the takeoff speeds V1,V2,VR were all there.At this point I don't know what else to try. Yes I can reprogram the FMC and go takeoff. But, if I save the flight will the FMC leg information still be there when I reload. This is a N. Atlantic flight from KORD to Geneva LSGG.Thanks in advance to all who reply.BTW as I said in an earlier post this did work. I have a saved flight from Heathrow to Berlin that still has the Speed/altitude information.Regards.Bill