Sign in to follow this  
Guest davrob42

Massive frame hit

Guest davrob42

Hi AllFlying the 737 have been having prob. with fps droping down to single figures.Found the prob.was when i turn on STA on the EFIS panel that gave the hit,turn it back off fps back to 25,also noticed that if i reduced the range so no VORs showing it made no difference.To go from 25 to 3 fps just by tunning in to STA strange.Any ideas appreciated.DavePentium D 3.66ATI x1950xtx4G ram

I also fly 737 and use the STA feature lots but never with penalty. I know this doesn't give you a solution but at least you know it's unusual. Here's some ideas: I rarely use virtual cabin and you didn't mention if you were 2D or 3D. The nav file is less than 1MB, but maybe it is fragmented on your drive? Sorry, I'm out of ideas.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest davrob42

Thanks for the reply Dan.It is exactly the same hit 2D or 3D.My pc is only 2 Months old and never been online,however i have done a defrag and have only a few games loaded.StumpedDave

I recommend an email to PMDG support, I don't recall this issue in the past year.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest davrob42

Thanks DanIll e mail and let you knowDAve

Guest davrob42

Hi DanJust to let you know PMDG response.This has to do with the computation used in the FMC. The older 737 modelthat we developed for FS2002 did not have a way to remove stations orwaypoints that were selected for the EFIS even though they weren't displayedon the map due to the range selection. The 747-400 was the first aircraftdeveloped that allowed this to happen. The 737NGX should not suffer from this type of behavior once it is released.Very Impressed with there support,almost instant replyWell done PMDGDave