Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kerosene

737 Load Editor

Guest Kerosene

Hi Folks...when trying to load my 737 via the load-editor I get the following message- even after re-installing...x.gifWhat can I do?

Load Editor must be used with aircraft not in use by FS9. It updates the aircraft cfg file, which is read only once by FS9 when loading aircraft.I assume you are using default location for FS9..Last thought: Does the fuel manager work okay?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest Kerosene

Hi Dan...FS9 is not running while using the load- editor...I set the fuel in the FS- menue - shouldn`t I ?FS -location is D:, while my Windows is on C:....hmmm...strange thing...:-hmmm

my guess (and that's all it is) is that the load manager doesn't know where the aircraft cfg files are.. if this is the problem then maybe the solution is to ensure you are running load manager from the -D drive (my exe and ini file are at ...FS9../PMDG where FS9 is the default MSFS location.The utility FuelPlanner737NG is a much better tool for setting up fuel loads than the FS menu, but the end result is the same. The reason I asked about it working is because it reads the aircraft cfg files and I was wondering if your is capable of that.Sorry, man, I wish I could help.

Dan Downs KCRP

My guess would be that, at some point, you installed FSX or the demo of FSX. In either case it has messed up the registry entries for FS9. Go to Flight1's web site, download the registry repear tool and run it. I'll bet that'll solve the problem.

Dave Paige

Guest Kerosene

Thanks Dan and Dave !As I will skip FSX (due to my really huge FS9 addon folder) there is and was no FSX touching my system...The 737 Fuel manager I just tried, is not changing fuel figures either...that might be a good hint...I keep trying...:-)

Guest JohnKhan

I would think the problem is where you have the flightsim, - on the D drive rather than C drive.I have done this before and it does cause some problems because the utilities, such as this, are programmed to look for the aircraft in the standard FSim install folder...CProgramme FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9..... and if they can't find them there they go strange.you might be able to re-point them to your FS9 folder,RegardsJohn

My Flight Sim is installed on drive D: and has always been on this computer. I've never had any problem with any utility. Now if you originally installed it on C: and then tried to just move it to the D: drive that would be a problem.

Dave Paige