Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Lloyd

The importance of preflight checks

Guest Peter Lloyd

Every wonder why we have preflight checklists?These poor guys didn't stand a chance.Peter

What's that got to do with PMDG support though? There is a place for posting video clips here on AVSIM.

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest Peter Lloyd

Gavin (I presume)It has to do with the subject of the posting - do you ever wonder why preflight checks are so important? This airplane and its poor occupants died because the control locks were still in place at the time it became airborne.I have often skipped through the checklists in order to get airborne as fast as possible - often to my detriment, and felt that highlighting the importance of checks would help all of us who fly the PMDG fleet.If my posting has caused you offence, I apologize.Forum rules, however, do require that we sign our postings.Peter

>Gavin (I presume)How did you work that one out? ;-)>It has to do with the subject of the posting - do you ever>wonder why preflight checks are so important? This airplane>and its poor occupants died because the control locks were>still in place at the time it became airborne.>I have often skipped through the checklists in order to get>airborne as fast as possible - often to my detriment, and felt>that highlighting the importance of checks would help all of>us who fly the PMDG fleet.Fair enough.>If my posting has caused you offence, I apologize.Not at all, no offence taken at all. I hope you weren't offended by me, it wasn't my intention.>Forum rules, however, do require that we sign our postingsTouche! Ammended as required.Best regards!

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest Peter Lloyd

GavinJindobre panya.Just got back from a week in your (presumed again) ancestral happy hunting ground - Tarnogrod, Jaroslaw, Lublin and Warsaw. What a beautiful country, and marvellous hospitable people.This was my third visit to Poland and each time I enjoy it more.Nothing to do with PMDG on this post...Jinkuya barzo for your earlier response.Peter