Sign in to follow this  
Guest nightfox

need help

Guest nightfox

Hi, I just painted a livery for the PMDG 747-400F with RR engines, i have saved them and converted them to the right BMP file format, but i am getting a blank aircraft, everything seems fine, the aircraft.cfg is edited correctly, is there any reason it won't let me see my paint???CheersDan C

Guest nightfox

no one willing to help me???CheersDan C

>> the aircraft.cfg is edited correctly>Hi Dan:Perhaps that aircraft.cfg is not as correct as you think (it has happened to me more than once), please review it very carefully, better print the file and check it several times.Given that you have placed the texture file in the right place, the following lines are vital, no mistakes or duplication accepted:[fltsim.N]title=texture=ui_manufacturer=ui_type=ui_variation=Jose Luis

Guest nightfox

it has to be correct, cos the tail,engines,wings,and belly work fine. it is just the fuse that is all grey. CheersDan C

The same thing happened to me with the IFDG-MD11.I was using 32bit textures and my poor computer was not able to "paint" the fuse that was all grey like yours.Time passed untill I discovered there was a thing called DXT3 textures (that was my level of ignorance about aircraft painting). I changed form 32bit to DXT3 and voil

Guest nightfox

I have tried DXT3 and it still gives me the same results, DXT1 with alpha and without alpha, i can try DXT5 but am not sure FS likes DXT5.CHeersDan C

Did you use the template to cut the fuselage up into 3 peices?

Guest nightfox

yes, It is all in the right places, but still grey aircraft.CheersDan C

Guest nightfox

I found the problem, it had nothing to do with the format of the textures, but the name of the BMPs, man i feel stupid, they were named wrongly, but looked fine.CheersDan C