Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Not seeing a way to import flight plans into the 747's FMC as with the 737

It appears to be possible, and FSBuild 2.2 definitely references exporting their plans to the 737/747, but I'm not seeing the place in the FMC where one can grab the flight plan and insert it into CO ROUTE LSK. I searched the manual, and this forum, and have not seen how or if this is possible. ??Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest Buck Bolduc

>It appears to be possible, and FSBuild 2.2 definitely>references exporting their plans to the 737/747, but I'm not>seeing the place in the FMC where one can grab the flight plan>and insert it into CO ROUTE LSK. I searched the manual, and>this forum, and have not seen how or if this is possible. ??>>NoelAfter creating a FP with FSBuild you need to click on "Flight Planner", then "Load", a dialog box listing all your flight plans will be displayed, click on the plan you want. FS will then ask if you want to move your aircraft to wherever your FP starts, i.e. rnwy 24R KLAX. If you want to start at a gate, change from active runway to whatever gate you want on the drop down list. After you go to the airport and your aircraft is sitting where you are you can open the FMC and enter your co. route.However you must be certain FSBuild is actually creating a FP. You have to make sure the path to C:Program FliesMicrosoft Gamesfs9 is saved in FSBuild. You have to click on save setings box in FSBuild. Also you have to remember to go to the "Export To" menu and put a check mark next to BOTH fs2004/FSX (if you have FSBuild 2.3) and mspmdg737.If you don't have FSBuild set up properly it wont export the flight plan into MSFS and you wont see it in the "Load" dialog box. If you don't see it there it wont load into the FMC.

>It appears to be possible, and FSBuild 2.2 definitely>references exporting their plans to the 737/747, but I'm not>seeing the place in the FMC where one can grab the flight plan>and insert it into CO ROUTE LSK. I searched the manual, and>this forum, and have not seen how or if this is possible. ??>>NoelIn my FSBuild 2.3 under "Export to..' tab there is a PMDG 737/747 (MSFS) option, if you don't see it you should update to 2.3 (I do remember there was a PMDG option in 2.2 aswell).This will put your flight plan in a .rte form into your PMDG flight plans folder when you can upload it into your FMC via CO ROUTE.

>This will put your flight plan in a .rte form into your PMDG>flight plans folder when you can upload it into your FMC via>CO ROUTE.Thanks both of you. Actually I don't think I communicated my question very well. In the PMDG 737's FMC, you can select (if I recall) NAV AIDS > Flight Plans, and a list of plans that FSBuild exported shows up, and you can select them into the scratchpad. I'm not seeing this capability in the 747's FMC, but I was hoping it was there and perhaps someone here knew how to pull it up.I do see though that you can enter the exported route one letter at a time into the CO ROUTE LSK and voila you have a flight plan, but was just wondering if a list of flight plans exported into the 747's FMC is available WITHIN the FMC as it is in the 737.Thanks folks,N

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

>>This will put your flight plan in a .rte form into your>PMDG>>flight plans folder when you can upload it into your FMC via>>CO ROUTE.>>Thanks both of you. Actually I don't think I communicated my>question very well. >>In the PMDG 737's FMC, you can select (if I recall) NAV AIDS >>Flight Plans, and a list of plans that FSBuild exported shows>up, and you can select them into the scratchpad. I'm not>seeing this capability in the 747's FMC, but I was hoping it>was there and perhaps someone here knew how to pull it up.Ah I understand now, there is no such list available in the PMDG 747 FMC sadly (but doesnt bother me personally really)

>In the PMDG 737's FMC, you can select (if I recall) NAV AIDS >>Flight Plans, and a list of plans that FSBuild exported shows>up, and you can select them into the scratchpad. I'm not>seeing this capability in the 747's FMC, but I was hoping it>was there and perhaps someone here knew how to pull it up.Thanks for that - I need to go read the manual again as I didn't know that was possible.

The flight plans exported from FSBuild are accessible from the FMC, however, you have to know the exact name of the route as stored in the PMDG FS9 main folder,under Flight Plans (not the aircraft folder), and enter it as a CO route. This is somewhat inconvenient as you have to have your flight plan list handy. I believe the FS build routes have a 001 suffix. Perhaps not as convenient as the PSS method,which allows MS flight plans to be loaded from the FMC menu but I'm not sure whether the actual FMC's work this way.Hope this helps.Ron

Ron Service

Thank you all, as always great fast responses here on avsim forums.Noel

Noel

In the manual there is mention that there is no way to see a list of flight plans from the FMC as is the case with the 737. It also goes on to say that this will be corrected in an update [written in 2005]. I wonder why this was never implemented.Greg

Greg Clark

>In the manual there is mention that there is no way to see a>list of flight plans from the FMC as is the case with the 737.>It also goes on to say that this will be corrected in an>update [written in 2005]. I wonder why this was never>implemented.>>GregMy guess is it will be for the FSX 747, we'll see.Jay