Sign in to follow this  
Guest ehoyt

B747-400 Loss of control within first 5 minutes of flight

Guest ehoyt

A problem with the 747-400 and 400F has begun to occur during the first 5 to 10 minutes of flight. Tax, takeoff and climb are all normal and all systems are acting and displaying normal. However, the aurcraft, for whatever reason, begins a steep bank to the right, the autopilot disconnects and the aircraft goes into a spiraling spin to the ground.At times, I am able to regain manual control and get things going normally again. Nevertheless, the scenarion will repeat itself in a very short time. I have checked to see if any failures are present through the PMDG menu and determined that was not an issue.I have flown this aircraft many times with no incident so I am therefore at a loss as to what might be happening. In addition, I did redownload the models again from the PMDG site.Anyone have any idea of what might be happening? I really like this model, but it has become untenable at this point.Thank'Gene

Hello,If you have an USB joystick, make sure it is plugged directly into the computer USB, and not in an USB HUB itself plugged to the computer. Also make sure that control spike elimination is checked in FSUIPC, then let us know.Cyrille de LattreAsus P5B deluxe WIFI/PI V 3 Ghz/2 Giga DDRAM PC566Nvidia 7600 GT 256 Meg PCIeWin XP SP2 / FS9.1 PSS Beta tester

Guest ehoyt

Cyrille,Thank you for your help. Putting the USB connector directly to the computer port corrected the problem. My FSUIPC settins were already correct.Hope I can return the favor someday..Gene