Sign in to follow this  
beorn

737-900: Insufficient Fuel Message on the FMC CDU

Hi everyone!I've got some questions regarding fuel boarding in 737-900. Do I have to board the fuel via the default MSFS Fuel&Payload interface or is there a PMDG tool like the PMDG menu in 747?I'm getting a problem with FMC fuel calculations. When I activate a route and enter my Gross and Fuel Weights I always get an "insyfficient fuel" message. First I thought, my calculations were incorrect. Then I boarded 11,4 tons instaed of 8 for a 600 nm trip. The payload was only 6545 kg. That amount of fuel is pretty much actually, and it _must_ be sufficient for that flight, but the FMC message appeared again.I think, I was doing something wrong, but I can't get it. Can you help me? Thanx in advance!-- Michael A. Peregudov

No, the PMDG-737 has not a fuel loader like the 747.The "insufficient fuel" message depends also of the reserve quantity you have entered in the PERF page. For the 737 I normally use 2000 Kg. The message triggers when the FMC calculates not that you will run out of fuel, but you will start to use the reserve fuel (a figure that you, pilot, choose for every flight). It is a caution message.Sometimes, on the climb phase the message can be also triggered by the normally high fuel burn (fuel flow) in that phase.Jose Luis

>No, the PMDG-737 has not a fuel loader like the 747.There has been a utility on th PMDG site, which helps to calculate the fuel urn enroute, but it doesn't write the parameters in to the CFG-file, though there is such an option. It just doens't work. Can it be somehow connected to the obsolet FSUIPC version I was using? I downloaded the newer one yesterday, but hasn't been able to test it yet.>The "insufficient fuel" message depends also of the reserve>quantity you have entered in the PERF page. For the 737 I>normally use 2000 Kg. Yeah, I've read it in the Operating Manual. But in my case the message appears regardless of the RES-value. I tried to enter something like 0.1, bit it hesn't triggerred the message. And still: even if I enter 2000 (the FMC displays those values in tons, doens't it?), by THAT fuel quantity (twice as high than needed) thr reserves have to be greater than 2000 kg.>The message triggers when the FMC calculates not that you will>run out of fuel, but you will start to use the reserve fuel (a>figure that you, pilot, choose for every flight). It is a>caution message.Yeah, I know that as well, but it's hardly likely, that I'm going to use the reserve fuel, if I board the double needed fuel quantity.>Sometimes, on the climb phase the message can be also>triggered by the normally high fuel burn (fuel flow) in that>phase.That's why I tried to start and climb to the cruise level hoping that the message would disappear... it didn't.-- Michael A. Peregudov

Guest robfather

Hi,One problem I found using the FMC is related to the waypoints entered into it. I have found that on a flight from egll to eham, for some strange reason the fmc will offset one of the waypoints by about 1,000 miles and back again. This has happened on a couple of European routes. My guess is the AIRAC data is incorrect. The only clue you get is when you enter take-off info and complete the entries into the FMC. Check your "Legs" page to see if there are any exceptionally long distances going from 2 waypoints next to each other - that will tell you if you have a problem with the AIRAC data. Then you delete one of the waypoints in the Legs page and all is OK.Best of luckRob

Guest laurenshoornaert

HiI also had that problem a few times. Routes and waypoints ar less correct and complete than all in the US. I never have probs with entering routes in the US. In EU there are much problems with that, i'm kinda unsatistied too about that.. But you get used to it. Just ignore or divert those waypoints, use other that work ;)and about the fuel: you get used to it by just doing it by your feeling. I've been flying several 100.000th's of nm in the 737NG and fuel, that's always by feeling :) i'm usualy correct.. just find it out for yourself, and watch out with sids, they frequently contain such errors like going to a waypoint or fix a 1000 of sometimes more miles away and return.. GreetingsLaurens

Guest Robin.B

I've never encountered a single problem, and I've been flying in the UK almost exclusively for the past 3 years. Are you sure you're not selecting the wrong waypoint when that page comes up that lets you choose between multiple waypoints of the same name?Best Regards,Robin Bilgil

Guest tomahawk_pa38

I second that ! I've been flying all over Europe for about 3 years as well and have never found a bad waypoint. As Robin says, I've sometimes gone way off track because I've selected the wrong one from the selection.