Sign in to follow this  
Guest beano

PMDG 747 and dual FS 9 and FS X installation problems

Guest beano

All,Until just recently (yesterday) I had the PMDG 747 installed in FS9 (with SP) and it worked fine. I then bought FS X and installed it, to see if my PC could handle FS X (it couldn't). So I uninstalled FS X (using Control Panel - Add remove programs). I then tried to set up a flight from Taipei to Hong Kong and the PMDG 747 load manager couldn't find a FS installed (Even though FS 9 was still installed and the 747 was installed on the FS 9 file path).So I decided to uninstall the 747 (again via Control Panel - Add remove programs) and reinstall the 747. I uninstalled successfully and tried to reinstall the 747 but it gave me the same message about not finding FS installed.The funny thing is the PMDG 737 works fine.My system:AMD 3.0 Ghz2 Ghz Ram256 Mb ATI Radeon cardWindows XP Home SP2FS 9.1If anyone knows how to reinstall the 747 wihout a complete reinstallation of FS9.1, it would be greatly appreciated.Lesson learnt: don't install two copies of FS, otherwise it will stuff up your system. Anyway hopefully I will be able to buy a brand new PC in the not to distant future, and enjoy FS X and PMDG FS X products.ThanksJeff

Guest beano

Mike,Thanks alot (it worked), your assistance is greatly appreciated.Jeff

No problem Jeff, glad to know you got it working.