Sign in to follow this  
Guest visualchaosfx

I have an error

Guest visualchaosfx

I went to the http://www.navdata.at and downloaded the all in one SID/STAR file and now I'm at EGLL and when I enter EGLL in the RTE1 page of the FMC I get an error that says EGLL err: DOMUT unknown. What does that mean? I'm still able to fly the flight plan.

Guest nicam

Hi I have an errorDid also download the AIRAC cycle as well?Michael

It means the sidstar file EGLL.txt uses a fix named DOMUT without declaring it in the fixes section of that file.. most likely.I recommend opening the file where you will find the name and email address of the author, then contact them to let them know of the problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan is correct and agree with his recommendation.Since I am planning a flight into EGLL, I had downloaded the most recent EGLL SID/STAR this morning but had not looked at it. Curious I checked the latest UK AIP (15 Mar 07) and it includes a new OCKHAM STAR route (OCK4B) from the south-West that starts at DOMUT. This route is also in the downloaded EGLL SID/STAR. DOMUT must be a new fix as well. I did not find it in AIRAC 702 (the latest I have) and it is not declared as a FIX in the procedure file either. FYI, from the UK AIP, DOMUT is located at 501543N 0014009W.I think I read somewhere that there have been some significant changes to ATC routings in the London area.Read here -- http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=129618&page=2Claude

Regards,

Claude Franklin

Download Chris' SIDSTARS from the AVSIM library... he has posted one for Heathrow and one for Gatwick. If Chris reads this, I encourage him to upload them to http://navdata.at as well as AVSIM.

Dan Downs KCRP

Chris has indeed uploaded both EGLL and EGKK to navdata.at. The fix in question, DOMUT, is not in AIRAC cycle 702. It is in the new AIRAC cycle 703.Not sure what folks who do not have AIRAC 703 will/can do since the fix is not listed in Chris' procedures for either Arpt.

Regards,

Claude Franklin

>Not sure what folks who do not have AIRAC 703 will/can do>since the fix is not listed in Chris' procedures for either>Arpt.Any fixes that appear in the SID/STAR that aren't in the AIRAC data can be added in the FIXES section at the top of the SID/STAR file. The airspace changes only affect the Hurn area (the area around N866/R41/R8 - SAM/ORTAC/GIBSO).

Actually, the FMC looks only to the sidstar file for fix definitions. It only looks to the airac data if the procedure calls a NAVAID rather than a fix. Therefore, regardless of whether or not the airac data has the fix in question, the procedure must declare the fix.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest staang

To fix the error just add this line to the FIXES section of the EGLL.txt file. I'd insert it so it is in alphabetical order. This presumes that DOMUT is used as a FIX not a NAVAID. If it is a NAVAID just change the NAVAID to FIX.FIX DOMUT LATLON N 50 15.717 W 001 40.150The FMC will see DOMUT defined in the FIXES section and look no further but if it is used as a NAVAID then the FMC will look at the AIRAC data.RegardsTerry

I'll quickly defer to Terry and Dan. However, just to add info...AIRAC 703 includes DOMUT in its NavFIX file. The EGLL procedure file reads as follows: "STAR OCK4B NAVAID DOMUT 27000 NAVAID KATHY NAVAID HAZEL 13000 FIX OCK12 NAVAID OCK 7000"Does all this mean that someone with the new STAR/SID and an earlier AIRAC cycle needs to add something to the procedure? I ask the question as a learning experience for me.Regards,Claude

Regards,

Claude Franklin

g'day...i didn't add domut to the procedure file as it was for 0703 changes. domut is listed in the airac and the procedure worked ok for me during testing without declaring it again in the procedure file.as phil noted above, adding the specified line in the file will fix the problem for users who haven't the inclination or resources to update their navdata.i should hasten to add that i only saw these amendments as temporary fixes to the heathrow procedure file - while i have a passing knowledge of the pmdg syntax, i don't know that i want to get in the process of duplicating work by more capable authors already working in the area and who will no doubt do a much more thorough job on maintaining other aspects of the procedures (unfortunately, simon butler has now ceased his excellent service covering the uk majors - at the time of 0703 implementation, no one else had updated the lhr or lgw files so a quick fix/stop-gap for that purpose was all i hoped to provide).i understand terry also does the uk majors and no doubt the relevant amendments will materialise in his files soon enough.

Guest visualchaosfx

Sweet!! Thanks for the responses. All info has been printed. I love flying this thing!I don't have the current AIRAC Cycle 0703 because I'm supposed to purchase points in order to download that and I can't spend any more money. My funds are currently tied up with my trip to..............WRESTLEMANIA 23 AT FORD FIELD IN DETROIT, MI. APRIL 1ST 2007!!!Thanks again for the quick responses!

Guest staang

>Does all this mean that someone with the new STAR/SID and an>earlier AIRAC cycle needs to add something to the procedure? >I ask the question as a learning experience for me.Yes, if they get that error. In this case I'm guessing that DOMUT is used as a NAVAID. By defining the DOMUT waypoint as a FIX you do not need the 0703 AIRAC to make it work. When a waypoint is defined in the FIXES section as a FIX the FMC uses the Lat/Long there and does not even look in the AIRAC for the waypoint, in this case, DOMUT. If DOMUT, or some other waypoint, is used as a NAVAID then the FMC will look in the AIRAC data to get the Lat/Long. One eliminates this sort of error by defining all waypoints as a FIX in the FIXES section of the procedures. Did this answer your question?RegardsTerry

Guest staang

Hi Chris>i understand terry also does the uk majors and no doubt the>relevant amendments will materialise in his files soon>enough.I cover all airports that have at least one IAP as listed by NATS. I try to find all changes but missed the EGLL STAR changes and additions. I'm glad I caught the discussion here. I finished the EGLL tonight and need to check out EGKK next but it's 0212 Hrs here and I need to get some sleep now.RegardsTerry

>Did this answer your question?Yes, it does and thanks. I also decided to re-read (more closely) your tutorial on PMDG procedures which was really helpful. I took another look at the Official UK AIP amended Mar 15. It appears DOMUT is a FIX. (But, based on your tutorial I'm not going to worry about FIX or NAVAID.) I also noticed at the bottom of the AIP, under change, it notes that OCK 1E/3B have been rerouted and redesignated OCK 2E/4B.This has been an informative exchange about procedures. Onward to other places...Claude

Regards,

Claude Franklin