Sign in to follow this  
Guest gentrrm

PMDG Problem?

Guest gentrrm

Recently I upgraded to Vista. I reinstalled FS 2004, Active Sky 6.5, Ultimate Traffic, various scenery items and both the PMDG 737 and 747. I did nothing different from when I was running XP. I generate my weather with ASV and then start FS. I get everything set and start out with the Cessna. Once loaded, I change to either of the PMDG's. I fly in "Full Window" view, so in order to see the menu or toolbar I hit the "Alt" key. The menu appears but if I click on the PMDG option and then click on "Options" the screen goes black and Ctrl+Alt+Del is the only way out. If I use one to the default Boeings I'm able to bring up the menu and select anything...but as soon as I select PMDG and then "About" I get the same black screen. I've reloaded both PMDG's in order and have even install the latest FSUIPC, but no luck. From other posts I see that everything does work with Vista. Any ideas?Rick

Guest visualchaosfx

You should have stuck with XP. Vista looks to be like a PITA. Do you have the updated versions of PMDG 737 and 747?

Rick,What video card/drivers are you using? This sounds like a video issue to me, not something with the plane...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest gentrrm

My specs are as follows:

Guest gentrrm

I may have to go back to XP, exspecially if it's the video card driver which NVIDA hasn't even released a Vista driver for yet.Yes, both PMDG's are at there latest versions.Thanks,Rick

RickI was using the last beta release of Vista with FS9 and had a number of problems. Firstly when in full screen mode, when I pressed the alt key to display the menu bar, as soon as the mouse was over the bar it would disappear! No matter how fast I was I could not get any of the functions in the menu bar to work. If I then pressed the Alt and Ent keys together to go into windowed mode all worked as it should. I think this is due to a GPU driver problem. (If you are using FSX, my version does not like going from window to full mode and then back again, system hangs and I have to shut the sim down)I have a 19" widescreen and could not get the GPU driver software to optimise the resolution. As I have spent a lot of money upgrading my pc to run games at high resolution I decided not to go down the Vista route when it was released.I know this doesn't solve your problem. I just wanted you to know that you are not alone.Justin

Justin Paull

Rick,There are Nvidia drivers for the card, they're just betas - they're working fairly well for me however:http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_101.41.htmlI'd try these - if there's a driver installed (almost has to be I'd think) already, make sure you uninstall it first through the Control Panel. There's supposed to be another new beta set out later this week too.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest gentrrm

Justin,Thanks for all of the advise. You were able to at least give me a work-around and suggesting the windowed mode. I'm able to Alt + Enter and make and adjustments that are needed and then back to the full screen mode. I failed to mention the I use the 19" widescreen as you do...not sure if it has anything to do with it or not, but probably not. I also downloaded and installed the latest NVIDA driver (101.41), but it didn't help any.Thanks for your help,Rick

Guest gentrrm

Ryan,Thanks for the driver info. I had beta 100.65 installed and wasn't aware that 101.41 was available. I uninstalled 100.65 and installed 101.41 but it didn't help my problem. I'll keep my eye open for a new beta.Thanks,Rick