Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

fs9.1 pmdg 747 .. strange issue?

Allhas anyone seen this beforeI start the pmdg747 , all is good and working fine.All instruments are working. Then within about 2 minutes all of the instruments go blackbut everything else is running.This is a clean fresh install. Thoughts.PeterPeter K P.EngCF-MMZToronto Ontario CanadaPMDG 747,737and 747FLevel D 767PSS Airbus pro A340-300In reality, a Mooney 201 Pilot

A problem with validation. Remove all the files (especially pmdgoptions.dll) and attempt a new install - be sure you validate before you install.

>A problem with validation. Remove all the files (especially>pmdgoptions.dll) and attempt a new install - be sure you>validate before you install.I have a boxed version of 747. Do I really have to uninstall again.The problem is the 747 , the 737 800/900 is perfect. Do I also have to remove and resintall that program as well.I installed the 747 but it never asked me for a lic number or validation.Peter

Peter - that can't be. All legitimate Aerosoft CDs of the 744 include a key that you need to enter during the install in order to validate. You're not seeing that?

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

well I have a boxed version with a lic number. perhaps it is because I had a prior install but it never asked for a lic number. anyway what is the best way around. do I reinstall. clean the registry. I also own the 747f should I install that?

Guest TrafficTraffic

Why would you buy the boxed version after you had a prior install?Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)

>How else would one suggest that I reinstall the program? The 747 and 747f became corrupt so I tried to reinstall.That did not work very well, as I would get strange stuff happening , or views would not show up ,or the autopilot would not engage or vnanv would not work. etc etc. I really like the pmdg products so I decided to reinstall the entire thing . I removed the 737 and the 747 . I have both boxed versions.The 737 works perfectly but the 747 has the problem that is described at the beginning of this thread.Anyway Lee, I dont understand your question below. Please explain.Peter Why would you buy the boxed version after you had a prior>install?>>Lee Hetherington, PP-ASEL (KBED)Peter K P.EngCF-MMZToronto Ontario CanadaPMDG 747,737and 747FLevel D 767PSS Airbus pro A340-300In reality, a Mooney 201 Pilot

Peter K P.EngCF-MMZToronto Ontario CanadaPMDG 747,737and 747FLevel D 767PSS Airbus pro A340-300In reality, a Mooney 201 PilotI have the key but the authorization box wont come up on reinstall. The key is supplied in the box version but for some reason no dialogue box comes up to authorize Peter

>A problem with validation. Remove all the files (especially>pmdgoptions.dll) and attempt a new install - be sure you>validate before you install.Peter K P.EngCF-MMZToronto Ontario CanadaPMDG 747,737and 747FLevel D 767PSS Airbus pro A340-300In reality, a Mooney 201 PilotOk Word Not Allowed this is helpful I will remove the 747 and reinstall from the boxed version cd, but isnt the validation just part of the install process when you run the install routine. I have the boxed version which is supplied with a key, or is there a seperate validation process. I bought the 747 over a year ago and it worked perfectly until about a week ago.I just cant recall where the validation takes place, it does not run automatically from the cd when i run the install. Thank you peter

Peter K P.EngCF-MMZToronto Ontario CanadaPMDG 747,737and 747FLevel D 767PSS Airbus pro A340-300In reality, a Mooney 201 PilotSo I was able to fix this. For anyone else following this thread the first post was the most helpful. I went back and uninstalled pmdg 747 and also deleted the pmdgoptions.dll from the folder specified.I then reinstalled and "voila" everything worked like a charm.I was able to validate and im back in biz.Thank you allpeter