Sign in to follow this  
curt1

New 737NG owner- AIRAC date won't update

Simple question for you folks I'm sure. Recently purchased the 737NG and love it. I updated the terminal procedures from Planepath and installed the 0703 cycle. When I load the sim, I see the date as 0411. Can someone point out my error on why the date isn't current? Thank you.

Guest staang

Hello What's your Name?>I see the date as 0411.The date shown on the display is taken from the fmc_ident.TXT file that is part of the AIRAC data. I believe you have 4 choices. One, leave alone. That date is not used for anything anyway other than to let you know the AIRAC date.Two, open the file and change the date yourself. It's just a text file and format is easy. Three, update to the last free AIRAC cycle, 0609. This will then show the 0609 cycle date but the AIRAC data will be almost two years more up-to-date than your 0411 data. Four, buy a new AIRAC cycle. Choices 1 and 2 are not good choices because they leave you with the most out-of-date data.3 is good if you have no fix, radio navaid, runway changes or route changes within the area where you fly. With a little work you can even add any updates yourself as all the AIRAC files are text and the formats are not that hard to figure out. This does presume you have access to AIRAC current data for the area you want to fly in.Choice 4 is used when there are fix, radio navaid, runway changes or route changes that affect where you fly and you don't want to fix them yourself. Probably use this if you must have a current AIRAC cycle or encounter a lot of navigational errors. Hope this helpsRegardsTerry

Terry, thank you very much for your reply. I appreciate your contribution to this great hobby of ours.By the way, just awhile ago I set up a short flight to KSTL. No stars or approaches were available on the CDU for St. Louis, yet I know you have plenty in the PMDG SIDSTARS folder. I did receive an err 11: runway unknown. Any suggestions for me here? Thanks so much!Curt

You should use current airac and sidstars... STL for example has added a runway that is not in the old version thus it will not work.

Dan Downs KCRP

I downloaded the last free AIRAC and that took care of my runway error. I'm now off to fly!Curt