Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

A question for Dan Downs

DanI am new at this. I see in AVSIM that you have SID/STARS cycle collections for PMDG and also those for individual airports ie KSAT KDEN to download individually.I am confused as to the difference between these files. Would not the individual airports be included in the latest AIRAC SID/STAR release?Also to use the RNAV approaches I see in the 747 FMC do we need to download your files adding the extra fixes for each individual airport?Or are the fixes somehow already included in the database>Thanks,Greg

Greg Clark

Every cycle I have put out a collection that includes all the locations. In between cycles, I post a new destination that was not included in the last cycle, which then is included in the next cycle.If you have Cycle 0703, then you have all my prior work. Since Cycle 0703 I have added KPIT, PHNL & TJSJ so these are found as individual locations. Cycle 0704 will include these.Your last question is a little unclear to me... the RNAV approach fixes are included in the sidstar file for that destination in the same manner that all approach, departure and arrival fixes. If you are referring to the RNAV fixes for KLAS and KATL, these have nothing to do with PMDG. I created these to insert the fixes into the FS9 scenery files for use by the default FS9 GPS in the default aircraft.... I later discovered PMDG and never went back.I recommend viewing my posts to the AVSIM library sorted by date, then the only files you might be interested in are the latest Collection and those that have been posted since then. There's no need to download files older than the latest Collection.Hope this helps.

Dan Downs KCRP

Greg,Dan's files are hand-customized procedures based off interpreting the charts, they're not auto generated from a database like Terry's files.There's a difference between AIRAC and SID/STAR for our purposes too - AIRAC is the actual database of VORs, fixes, airways, airports etc that the FMC reads from. SID/STARS are the terminal procedures.Updating the AIRAC is payware from www.navigraph.comSID/STARs can be obtained from www.planepath.com for the US and UK as well as from Dan's collection.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com