Sign in to follow this  
Guest breakingcustom

PMDG 747 VIRTUAL COCKPIT

Guest breakingcustom

Hey all, just recently purchased PMDG. One question though. How do I adjust knobs in the VC? Say for the altitude hold knob on the MCP. I click it but it only turns to the left and I don't know how to get it to turn right. I know on the regular panel you can use the mouse wheel but that doesn't seem to work for the VC. Anyone wanna help shed some light for a first time user? Thanks!

Right click to turn right? It's how you do it with the 2D panel, maybe the same applies to the VC.

The mousewheel doesn't work in the VC due to an FS limitation with the way we do our VCs... just use left/right click like on the 2D.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest andyman

Not only an FS limitation but the scroll wheel also zooms the view if you have active camera, so I never use the scroll wheel in VC.

>The mousewheel doesn't work in the VC due to an FS limitation>with the way we do our VCs... just use left/right click like>on the 2D.Ryan, your wrong mate.It does work in the VC but you need TrackIR 4 to do it.Using that you get to view the 'side' of the switch thus, making it operable.

Dave Taylor gb.png

"just recently purchased PMDG"...OMG! I work for you now??????? :-) :-) :-)

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Robin.B

>Not only an FS limitation but the scroll wheel also zooms the>view if you have active camera, so I never use the scroll>wheel in VC.You can make Active Camera lock the zoom by pressing a key. I use F11. Press F11 and the mouse wheel won't zoom anymore.Best Regards,Robin Bilgil

Guest andyman

>You can make Active Camera lock the zoom by pressing a key. I use F11. >Press F11 and the mouse wheel won't zoom anymore.>Best Regards,>Robin BilgilGood point.I am not a shortcut type of person!

Lefteris,I assume that your reply is centred at me even though you replied to the OP?Yes your right, I misread the question and the mouse wheel reference and no, you don't work for me ;-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

No, my reply was tongue-in-cheek to the original, unnamed, poster who said that he recently purchased PMDG... I wonder how much he paid for it!:-)

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Yes but the title describes his/her question?You need to come down here and get some sun ;-):-) and while your here, you can give our flightsim group a lecture on the 'His/her' ;-) MD-11 eh? LOL

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hehe - I am already "down here" - can't get any sunnier than Athens, GR, particularly as summer is fast approaching... :-)Thanks for the invite tho!

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg