Sign in to follow this  
Guest crosswinds

Opinion on the Feel There A318-320 series

Guest crosswinds

Greetings ppl!Just wanted to find out if anyone had tried out the Feel There/Wilco serie A318-320 aircrafts.I'm tempted to try this one out while the PMDG one waits to be towed in... I'm more for a complex sim unlike the CLS A340/500. Any picks or pans on this one? How would it compare with the PSS one (systems-wise & handling-wise mainly)?!Best,Jay

I've thought about this A320 series also while waiting for the PMDG version too. I've looked through it's features and it sounds like a good aircraft for now. (Until the PMDG version comes out of course!) The visual quality is terrific and I believe the AIRAC can be updated. I also felt the price was resonable. The one things holding me back was the fact that fall semester for college is coming up and I have less than $20 in the bank. Other than that, considering the price and the ETA for the PMDG version, I would say, go for it. Then you'll at least know how to operate 10% of the systems in the PMDG version instead of nothing at all!Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

I personally would say wait.. I think the standard for the A320 simulation is going to be set by these guys..http://www.airlinerxp.com/That's what I am waiting for.. I think quickly following their A320 will be the A330 too.. due to cockpit similarity.. and the A340 shouldn't be too far behind.. This is expected to release this quarter.. It's going to be an extremely high quality simulation.. I personalyl would wait for this.. it's not going to be too long now really..Oh.. and the super bonus!?.. It's FS9 :)CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

Guest crosswinds

Hey guys!Thanks for the honest opinion. Like Ryan said, reading through the features does get you tempted to give it a try for sure..... but after looking at the airliner-xp one it looks like an absolute beauty for sure, & definitely waiting a bit. Once again, thanks guys!Super simming!-Jay

Although it seems rather promising, let's just wait until we see how it performs on our machines really. It is a pity that PMDG will not (how on earth could they, of course) present an Airbus up to their standards for FS9. I am so committed to PMDG, that I would go for their FS9 version, no matter what, if they would do one.Well-well...Cheers,

Oh please don't get me wrong.. I'm a huge fan of PMDG products.. always a delight.. the BMW and Mercedes of the simming world.. a company that sets the standard for all the rest.. BUT.. this other company does look good.. and might pip PMDG to the posts with their Airbus A320.. shortly after that is released they want to convert to FSX and start the A330 and A340.. I imagine that will follow quickly due to cockpit similarities.. but I'm not sure.. and their A320 will be out before the PMDG A320 gets close really.. bit of competition never hurt anyone and I am sure they relish the challenge.. And I'm yet to see if Airliner XP does deliver the quality I want too (although their site and shots and forum details, do make it very promising and highly likely they will).. BUT.. if it does.. WELL.. perhaps PMDG should have a go at the 777.. HINT HINT.. :) or the A340.. HINT HINT.. hehe.. a 747 ER HINT HINT... just kidding.. I know these plane request threads get out of hand so take no notice of me..Roll on Airliner XP A320 and PMDG MD-11 I say.. and long live the Queen!! (that's the 747-400 PMDG of course not my Monarch, although I hope she lives long too) It's (perhaps some people will think sadly with some of the other high quality aircraft on the market) the ONLY plane I fly these days.. It's just a triumph of a product.. set the new standard in my book.. a standard I hope Airliner XP will be able to deliver to.. and even with the new alternatives, the Queen will probably remain my most used aircraft by a CONSIDERABLE margin.. I'm a BIG.. BIG.. BIG BIG BIG (think that's enough bigs?... nah... lol) .. BIG.. Boeing fan you see.. At 27 years old when I see a jumbo I'm like a kid in a sweetshop.. well with a bit more dignity.. I don't press my nose up against the glass anymore.. I stopped last year..But I would say.. personally.. if I wanted an Airbus.. I'd be waiting and buying the Airliner XP version.. If PMDG haven't invested too much time in the Airbus yet.. maybe a reconsideration of their approach depending on how good this one turns out would be a good idea.. BUT.. that's up to them.. and certainly not my place..Cheers allCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

>At 27 years old when I see a jumbo>I'm like a kid in a sweetshop.. well with a bit more dignity..>I don't press my nose up against the glass anymore.. I stopped>last year..Okay, so I have about 6 years left of doing that then.:-xxrotflmao Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Yeah Ryan.. you've got loads of time!CheersCraig

Craig Read, EGLL

There are many problems with these aircraft. They have now published Service Pack 2a but problems with fuel calculations, TOC and TOD points, altitude-speed predictions, etc. persist. Many CTDs are also reported. You can read all about it at:http://www.iemit.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=26.Or, access it through the Wilco Publishing website.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

As someone who actually owns the aircraft, I'm going to say that you should wait. The aircraft is decent if you're not looking for a PMDG-quality aircraft. I only got it because I'm not an Airbus fan and figured I could get a decent-quality Airbus with several models. I also judged the decision on their past 737-300 to -500 series, thinking the quality would be similar, because that series is very well done. The 737 series actually far outshines this series.The service pack helped most of the issues, but the aircraft still has several problems. The SP did not fix any FDE issues, which leaves the aircraft with an unrealistic 30-40kt. taxi at idle thrust, along with an impossible descent, because of the unrealistic idle thrust. The aircraft also takes at least half of a 10,000' runway to stop, even when you're operating with Autobrakes set to MED, full thrust reverse, while lightly loaded. I can stop the Queen in shorter distances, lightly loaded. From my flying with Independence Air, I know for sure the A319 can stop in shorter distances than it does as simulated.I would say the aircraft is around CLS-quality, below their past 737 series, and far below (uncomparibly far below) PMDG-quality. I don't like PSS at all, and do not have any of their aircraft, so I'll save the flame and just not answer that part of your query.Like I said, if you're looking for simple Airbus with a decent panel and FMS, go ahead, but if you're looking for complete systems and realism, wait for the RXP-Airbus. If you're upgrading to FSX, I'd say wait for PMDG, naturally. Nobody compares to the quality found here.In retrospect, I should've waited, but I'll probably get the PMDG 'buses when they come out, as I'll probably upgrade to FSX by the time it comes out.Cheers,Kyle

Kyle Rodgers

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

Personally, I got very disappointed by the A318/320 from Wilco.First of all, Wilco claims on their site : "The exceptional realism of this simulation has been achieved by thorough professionals who recreated -in every details- all of the onboard systems, interiors, sound environments and flight models... Their fine work being then validated by over qualified Airbus Captains and Instructors."I took them by the word and also expected, judging from the 737PIC which I very enjoy, a good deal of an Airbus for my FS9.But unfortunetly, these expectations where not met.There where first of all several bugs spoiling the overall simulation (like wrong pseudo waypont calculation, APU sound etc.).Most of these where fixed with SP1 but still Wilco´s Bus lacks a lot of, to my mind, important features which you should implement as a developer if you are to claim the above.For example the bleed page is not modelled at all, whatever you do on the bleed panel the indications don´t change.Finally, such small details which you find in PMDG planes like control surfaces dropping with no hydraulic pressure or different cockpit lighting get also disregarded.Summming up all this gives me a negative impression of the overall product and I wouldn´t recommend it to anyone who is looking for a plane on PMDG level or at least on 737PIC level.Compared to the PSS A320 I can not really decide which is better.On the one hand the Wilco Airbus is visiually superior and has some features not found in the PSS Airbus, but on the other, the above mentioned bugs and lack of significant functions drags the Wilco Airbus back down to PSS level (which is ,keep that in mind, many years older).

It's certainly better than CLS quality. The CLS A340 is a nice external model with a so-so panel and default avionics, freeware standards basically. The Wilco/feelthere A320 hand flies just like the real thing and the FBW works reasonably overall. There are some bugs in the autopilot and FMGC which I HOPE they fix. So far bug fixes have been quick, but no real product improvement despite many requests, unlike with PMDG products.Airliner XP promise a lot of features and have a good pedigree. If either they or PMDG offer a fully simulated ECAM system and EGPWS then I will happily park my Wilco bus. Airliner XP promise both, but we shall see...It puzzles me that most Boeing sims have a fully functional EICAS, yet no Airbus sim yet sold offers anything more than basic ECAM functions.Anyone who had the previous Wilco A320PIC will be extremely disappointed by the new one (different developers though). That had a very complete FMGC, while the new one is less complete than the PSS classic. Like many buyers I was fooled by the PIC label. It is not in that league, and never will be. To be fair, feelthere never claimed such a high level of fidelity.As for PSS v Wilco, if you hand fly a lot, then the Wilco one is far superior. However for autoflight, PSS has better FMGC simulation by far.One thing I will say, all you Boeing/PMDG die hards out there will become Airbus enthusiasts when the PMDG version is released, assuming it is up to expected standards. You'll finally get to discover just how good the bus is fly.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg