Sign in to follow this  
engwerda

Lat/Long entries into the FMC

I have been trying to add Lat/Long entries to compensate for STAR entries that are not in the database. The trouble is my entries get the same "not in database" message too.Because the AUDLY fix (part of the Sydney STAR for 34L) is not accepted I have tried to put in the LAt/Lon entry for that fix. Air Services Australia, who produce the charts, say that the fix is at;S34.04.8 E151.04.6which I have entered in the FMC Active RTE LEGS page asS34048E151046which, unfortunately doesn't work. What am I doing wrong? Any help appreciated.Gerry

Gerry, try this (Manual chapter 12-31)Long entryS3404.8/E15104.6Short entryS3404E1504it may workJustin

Justin Paull

Thanks Justin. I tried that but all I got was the L and L in degrees and minutes but not seconds. So the entry S3404.8/E15104.6left out the .8 and .6 like soS3404E15104which moves the actual point a few kms away from the correct place - something critical when in the circuit area. Any further ideas? I am following the FMC procedure for the PMDG 737NG.Gerry

Gerry,Ok I think we may just solve this by going at it from another angle. Have you looked for an updated version of the SID/STAR file for the airport and departure you are trying to fly?If there is not one available, you could always write one up yourself. They are relatively easy to do. Just do search, there are a few good tutorials knocking about. If I remember the first part of any SID/STAR file lists all of the nav points. You should be able to name the fix in that section. If not the tutorials do explain several ways of creating a fix in "thin air" so to speak.If you want you can email me all the information and I will have a go at it for you.Justin

Justin Paull

Gerry, Maybe I can offer some assitance here with Justin. At Austscene http://www.austscene.com/ all SID's & STAR's have been written for Australia for PMDG. They are currently up to date with Airservices Australia publications.Some conditions do apply: e.g that you are operating under the current Navigraph release (0703) That indeed maybe some of the issues you are facing, Gerry.Along with Justin, please feel free to email me if you require any futher assistance.RegardsJock McIntyre (YMML)

Jock McIntyre

Thank you Justin and Jock,I do need to learn how to write SIDS and STARS so thanks for pointing me in the right direction Justin. I may need to take you up on that offer.In the meantime I might get the upadted NAV files. Is Navigraph the same as Navdata and is it still available as I seem to recall that the author was going to go commercial on what was previously, very generously, distributed free?Do I donwload the Nav files and then add the SIDS and STARS and is there a guide as to how this is done?Thanks both of youGerry