Sign in to follow this  
christiaan

FS2004 default panel in PMDG

As I am still learning I have replaced the original panel to a default FS2004 panel in my aircrafts.However in the PMDG 747 I have a little problem. The default panel shows up, I can alter the altitude etc but I cannot activate it along with the other gauges for example the AP switch.The lights do not show to indicate that they are turned on.Is there a way of correcting this so that I can fly the aircraft, and also use the default Flightplanner so that I can get from A to B.Christiaan

My dear friend, you are making a strange mixture, so, the results are obviously strange. The PMDG-747 should be flown as you get it. That requires a lot of study, reading and practice...perhaps taking time from sleep time. But at the end the enjoyment you can obtain fom this real-like product is worth the effort and the money.And please forget the default flightplanner, the default panels and all those default pieces of rubbish. Take your time, why hurry ?. Have you started directly with the PMDG-747 ?My humble advice: start with the PMDG-737 before trying the 747.Well...this is only my opinion.Jose Luis.

Hang on, I think I'm going to vomit!Sacrelidge.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest dt1951

Christiaan,Not sure that replacing the PMDG panels with the default FS panels is such a great idea. The panels for the PMDG aircraft were coded for these aircraft. Using a different panel would probably produce unpredictable results. Besides, you likely won't get much support here for modifying anything, including using a different panel. You definitely won't get any support from the PMDG development team.

Christiaan,Go through our PMDG Type Rating Course lessons on learning to use the real panel - you will never go back to flying simplified default panels again after you get the hang of it, I promise!

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest nicam

Why bother buying PMDG if your going to use the default panel?just stick to downloading POSKY if you want good outside views + default panels.But in my humble opinion, the complete PMDG aircraft (with panel) is the best.Michael

EGADS! You have GOT to be kidding. The PMDG 747 is an aircraft simulation, not a game. You're missing most of the challenge that comes from learning how to fly this plane. Put your 747 back the way it was intended to be and download the tutorials from PMDG. You'll find that once you learn how to fly this bird properly, you'll cringe whenever you fly the default 747 aircraft. Using the FMC takes a little study, but you'll find it to be a natural and indispensable extension of the 747.There are many seasoned pilots on this forum that can lend a hand also.Kim

Christiaan,People make too much of the difficulty involved, perhaps that is what has put you off? It really isn't that hard to operate the 744 properly, most systems are fully automated after all. The most important thing is to unlearn the default panel operation, because they are so unlike any real airliner.The FMS takes a little time to master, till you get the concept, then it suddenly becomes very logical.Too many people are put off by the alleged "hours of study" needed. Just dive in the deep end and fly a tutorial flight. Don't waste time studying, but use the manuals for reference when you get stuck. Don't be afraid to push buttons and see what they do. Above all else forget the default panel.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Christiaan,Yes I agree you have left me speechless,don`t change the panelin the aircraft. Take a deep breath count to ten.Sit down and read the manuals, that come with this great aircraft take some time to setup your aircraft. I can`t stress how important it is set up your load master for the 747-400 first then work your way through the aircraft it is very easy. When you follow the instuctions you find what a joy it is to fly using the fmc on the aircraft you never want to fly any other aircaft once you learn how.When you think you are ready to give it a fly. Try using a straight out flight that ends with a straight in landing may I suggest YBBN to YSSY departRWY19 Brisbane Land RWY 16R Sydney try this flight till you get the hang of it then. When you feel confident fly where everYou want to. But first you have to put in time to read things.And dont be afraid to ask if there is somthing you dont understand. Cheers Greg