Sign in to follow this  
rgamurot

FMC Wind Information Being Deleted/ACARS Idea

Whenever I can, I input wind information into the 744's FMC. The only problem is that sometimes I would go back and the information would be deleted and I'd have to put it in all over again. I discovered that if I so much as change what arrival runway I expect, the winds are deleted.Is this a bug or does it happen on the real aircraft as well? Can we look forward to having the wind data automatically put in with the FSX version? Or is that information TOP SECRET?Also, I had an idea regarding the ACARS in the FMC. With all these Virtual Airlines out there, maybe you could have a generic script for those who don't fly for any. Other than that, VAs could write their own script to allow the ACARS to link to their flight monitoring systems. Also, with the ATC COMM, that could be a Chat Feature that some VAs have. Just a thought.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Can't answer the winds question, but it would be great if we could get an ACARS uplink of the wind from activesky once the wind page is modelled.

I thought the wind page was modelled. That's why I was complaining about the info being erased. Or are we talking about two separate wind pages? I'm talking about the one accessed through the LEGS page. There was a second way to access that wind page but I forgot.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

PMDG doesn't have a WINDS page, only a feature to input wind at an altitude. The actual FMC has a whole page dedicated to winds at each waypoint. You can enter winds at up to 4 altitudes for each waypoint, as well as the temp at one level. It looks something like the DES FORCAST page found on the VNAV DES page.Paul

It is very annoying after saving a flight and closing flight Sim then coming back to it later when the winds information is deleted so you have to put it all in again! Tom P