Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Navaids/AIRAC not available for European airports?

Now that I have the basics of the FMC's figured out I was all set to do some flying between larger terminals in Europe--alas "NOT IN DATABASE" comes up in the FMC when I attempt to input jetways and airports. Waz up with that? I have the latest navaids installed.Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

The FMC uses airac and sidstar data (see article in PMDG Ops: http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/SIDSTARS ). SIDSTARs for UK are included in Terry's collection at http://planepath.com and the rest of the world besides the US and UK is by individuals who upload their work to http://www.NavData.atThe airac data at Navigraph will probably include sidstars for PMDG later this year.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you for that . . .I am using the latest data from navigraph but it looks like maybe it is US only? Anyway I will check navdata.at as well. ThanksNoel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

You are getting airac data only from navigraph... the SIDSTAR info is not the same thing. The airac data from navigraph is global. Hope you're clear on the difference.

Dan Downs KCRP

Actually I thought SIDSTAR was departure and arrival patterns one could chose depending on conditions and so forth. I thought airac data was jetway numbers, airport ILS frequencies and runways and so forth. Fortunately for would-be passengers--I'm not a real pilot! Ok I have airac data and that is what I see noted on the FMC's initialization page, or whatever it's called. So, how comes for the US I am able to enter in route information that jives with FS' default flight planner route information. Not so for my European flight plan. Regardless of whether or not SIDSTAR data is available for Europe shouldn't I be able to enter in the same route info that is in FS itself? Doesn't sound global, or at least it doesn't match what's in FS' own flight planner. Perhaps if I used FSBuild I would find jetways and route wapoint data in Europe that would match in the FMC?

Noel

The problem you may be having with AIRAC route data is that the flight planner database for all are out of synch. As far as I know the FS9 planner database may have only been updated once, if at all.The FMC as you have noted has its own database.What I do is not use the FS9 planner at all. I use the payware FS Build which has its own AIRAC database updated by the author occasionally. I then export the FSBuild plan in FS9 and PMDG FMC format including the SIDS and STARS in the FSB database. You can then load the plan in the FMC. I don't use the PMDG SIDs and STARS but I do use the IAP from the ARR page. This keeps the FMC flight in synch with utilities and gauges that use the FS9 plan.There are some other options besides FSBuild. You can get an idea of FSB at their site www.fsbuild.com and also look at their AIRAC cycle. They have tutorials and FAQs with screen shots.

Just to add to Ron, the FS9 database is at least 3 yrs old and it is not used by PMDG at all for navigation.Your original complaint was that airports were not in the database, this is related to both airac data and sidstar data, which is why many recommend they be of the same vintage. When you select an origin or destination, the FMC goes to both the airac data and the sidstar file that if missing gives you an error.The airac data includes route and fix data for Europe. One constraint is if you are using a named route to a fix, the airac data must include that fix in its route file for it to work. Since these are just text files, you can see what's going on by looking at them (wpNavFIX.txt & wpNavRTE.txt in the /FMCWP/NAVDATA folder).

Dan Downs KCRP

Yes I surmised this must be the issue, that is not having the same database for flight planner and FMC. What's interesting is that for US flights, it is essentially matched. The other issue is that I do enjoy the less-than perfect ATC in FS, so if I do an IFR plan created with FS' planner I can still use FS' ATC and it works. I did pick up FSBuild, but then ATC goes out the window, so I don't use FSBuild because of this. But perhaps the simple workaround is to use FSBuild for non-US flights, and use VFR just for the ambience.As others who have responded to my questions would know, I in no way pretend to be dedicated to accurately simulating reality with my FS hobby as I don't have the patience to learn everything there is to know. It's a form of meditation for me mainly--I set up flights, enjoy the FMC programming, the smooth application of my diluted-down implementation of various checks and flows, fly to CRZ altitude, then promptly open a magazine or book and read until it's time to descend. Thank you for your suggestions and insights,N

Noel

If you are using FSB version 2.2 up, then FS9 ATC should be working with it. Make sure you are exporting in the FS8, FS9 .pln format and not the old adventure format of previous versions. I know others in this forum have used it for FS ATC.Just want to get that part straight. If you do have still a problem just describe it a bit for my edification. I have not used FS ATC since my first attempts with FS8 but I like to keep apprised of such problems.Thanks.

Thanks Ron I will look into this. Noel

Noel