Sign in to follow this  

No matter what aircraft I buy...

I always find myself going back to your Queen. Thanks PMDG! You guys rock. Take your time on the MD-11, looking forward to flying her around my FS9 world!

Agree 100% about the PMDG 744. It never ceases to amaze me how complex and deep the simulation is. Everything, with one or two exceptions, works as aircraft so it's a pure pleasure to fly (no annoying limitations to put you off).The 737NG still stands up pretty well too.In comparison, some older payware is so wrong I can't bring myself to fly it (a certain DC-9 springs to mind).Looking forward to the MD11 needless to say.Bear in mind the Fokker 70/100 mentioned above is freeware. You can't really compare it in anyway to superior payware like PMDG. However, it remains the best Fokker 70/100 available and very good by freeware standards, which explains why it is so popular. The Fokker 100 is an interesting and complex aircraft, so I hope someone, somewhere will eventually do it justice. PMDG maybe?Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

my only complaint is I can't fly the "older" style cockpit in the freighter version, only the new version with the digital backup LCD gauge.

Well I recently went into buying a certain 3-letter company's 777, as I'm a big fan of the T7. It was such a bad idea.No, I mean the product is okay, but it's just not THERE. The panel is OK, CDU, and even WRX, sounds great. But still flies and looks like a freeware.The other day I went out to test the flight dinamics, since I usually fly long hauls with full A/P and programmed CDU's, only T/O and landing is my time. I took off and started an uncoordinated hard left turn, stepped on the rudder pedal and 3 seconds later I found myself inverted in a T7 at 800 ft AGL.You have not seen a person uninstalling a product as fast as I did.I wish there was at least 3 PMDG's, so we would have lots of addons that are spot-on. Oh well, we still got one.Ever thought about developing a sim environment, guys? ;)Cheers,

Guest Solex_nl

To really enhance your expierence with FS9 and one of the PMDG products, I suggest having a look at the guys over at FS2crew.I have the 737NG of PMDG and the addon from them.I really love it, its a great product!They have one for the 747 also :)http://www.fs2crew.com/product11.htmI can't wait for SP1 from Mircosoft and the 737NG for FSX!

thanks for the link, looks interesting but I fly 99.99% cargo and this looks more like a pax addon.

FS2Crew was supposed to add in the cargo version but never did. It may come out later. But as with everyone else here, I can't help but fly the 744. Except for now as I don't have a choice. I joined British Airways Virtual and need about 19 more hours before I can fly the Queen again! I'm going CRAZY!:-badteeth :-badteeth :-badteethRyan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

>FS2Crew was supposed to add in the cargo version but never>did. Get up to date Ryan, it's available now.

Dave Taylor gb.png

>Bear in mind the Fokker 70/100 mentioned above is freeware. >You can't really compare it in anyway to superior payware like>PMDG. However, it remains the best Fokker 70/100 available>and very good by freeware standards, which explains why it is>so popular. The Fokker 100 is an interesting and complex>aircraft, so I hope someone, somewhere will eventually do it>justice. PMDG maybe?>>KevinHi Kev,Digital aviation is working on a Fokker 70/100 for FS9 and FSX...

Download my repaints at AVSIM.

AMD Athlon 3800+ X2 - MSI Geforce 7600GT 256Mb - 2 x 1Gb OCz DDR Ram - Western Digital 250Gb - MSI K8N NEO4 FI - Windows XP SP2 - FS2004

Hi RyanJust for info i am with BAV also, and going from memory i think it is First officer status to fly the 74F and senior first officer for the 744, so if you have the 74F you should be able to do flights on BAVregardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

When was the cargo version of FS2Crew released? I never heard about it nor can I find it. Could you please point me in the right direction? And I like flying the 744 over the 74F. I just like the fact that it's lighter on landing and I like some of it's insanely long routes. (e.g. EGLL-WSSS, EGLL-KSFO)Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Hi again RyanHope we are not at cross purposes here. I merely picked up on this point from an earlier post of yours."I joined British Airways Virtual and need about 19 more hours before I can fly the Queen again! I'm going CRAZY!"So I just wanted to point out that you do not need the 19 more hours to fly the 74F version for BAV, you could do so with your current status. I was not giving any opinion about fs2crew as I do not have it. Apologies for not being clear.regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg