Sign in to follow this  

No matter what aircraft I buy...

>Hi again Ryan>Hope we are not at cross purposes here. I merely picked up on>this point from an earlier post of yours.>"I joined British Airways Virtual and need about 19 more hours>before I can fly the Queen again! I'm going CRAZY!">So I just wanted to point out that you do not need the 19 more>hours to fly the 74F version for BAV, you could do so with>your current status. I was not giving any opinion about>fs2crew as I do not have it. Apologies for not being clear.>regards>John Calleja John, I was responding to both your post and Dave's. Dave was talking about FS2Crew and that there was a freighter version finally out. I know that you meant that I could fly the 74F at my present rank and I have a few times. It was just that I prefer the 744 because of the different way it handles. Sorry for the confusion.Dave,I found the 74F mod and it's posted in the forum. Update 1.2 doesn't add the freighter functionality. The mod for the 74F isn't really custumised for the 74F either. Also, you have to use the 744 2D cockpit but the 74F VC which would really annoy me so I'll continue to wait for an official release. Thanks for the heads up though.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

...you can add me to the list agreeing with the original poster:no matter what other plane i put my hands on, there always seems to be something missing and i always end up with the Queen or should i say the "Flying Dutchman" ? ;)Thanks PMDG!Best RegardsThomas

its always nice to see fellow freight dawgs! I love the cargolux airplanes, great looking livery

>When was the cargo version of FS2Crew released? I never>heard about it nor can I find it. Could you please point me>in the right direction? And I like flying the 744 over the>74F. I just like the fact that it's lighter on landing and I>like some of it's insanely long routes. (e.g. EGLL-WSSS,>EGLL-KSFO)>>Ryan Gamurot>Lucky to live Hawai'i>>http://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.pnga lot of cargo flights are empty legs to pick something up, cant get lighter than that in a pax 744!

hmm so no VC functionality in the freighter version yet? I will wait, thanks for pointing that out

>hmm so no VC functionality in the freighter version yet? I>will wait, thanks for pointing that outNo, the VC works. It just won't match the 2D panel. In order for the mod to work, you have to copy the 744 2D panel into the 74F panel folder. This is to allow FS2Crew items to show in the 74F. However, you will still have the 74F Virtual Cockpit. So basically you have the 747-400 2D Panel and the 747-400Freighter Virtual Cockpit.Ryan GamurotLucky to live Hawai'ihttp://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa296.png

Guest CWR Weather Radar

>Agree 100% about the PMDG 744. It never ceases to amaze me>how complex and deep the simulation is. Everything, with one>or two exceptions, works as aircraft so it's a pure pleasure>to fly (no annoying limitations to put you off).>>The 737NG still stands up pretty well too.>>In comparison, some older payware is so wrong I can't bring>myself to fly it (a certain DC-9 springs to mind).>>Looking forward to the MD11 needless to say.>>Bear in mind the Fokker 70/100 mentioned above is freeware. >You can't really compare it in anyway to superior payware like>PMDG. However, it remains the best Fokker 70/100 available>and very good by freeware standards, which explains why it is>so popular. The Fokker 100 is an interesting and complex>aircraft, so I hope someone, somewhere will eventually do it>justice. PMDG maybe?>>KevinAlready short before finishing...regards