Sign in to follow this  
Carolus39

PMDG 747-400 problems with the FMS

HelloI have a 747-400 and flown with a couple of time now.Did all the tutorials, without any problems.Since yesterday I have this huge problem that the aircraft will not level off at the cruize altitude, it is climbing and try to reach the Max altitude of 41800 in this case. The set cruize alt was 25000.What ever I did, changing the MCP Alt. pressing FL CH, pressing VNAV again, nothing helped even pressing Alt Hold.Also the acrft never get to the calculated speed of 322 and it ended at 192.Even after TOD it kept trying to reach the Max alt.After changing the MCP Alt and pressed Fl Ch it get down, but when I press VNAV again it start climbing again.In the VNAV page all was correct except that on the "Climb page" in the VNAN page I got an invalid entry when I was trying to set the Cruize Alt there. It always kept empty. To me that is strange!!!What I also noticed is that on the Altitude tape at the start there was the MCP altitude, but after a while there was this number 200 in magenta and with a yellow box flashing around it. Do not know what this means.What ever I did nothing helped.Has someone a clue of what is going on here, for I am puzzled.RegardsCarlos Oosterling

Did you check your constraints in the FMC? Only thing that brings me to thinking of such an error. Needless to say that I absolutely never had any problems with the product, this really seems weird.If it climbs when in VNAV, then your FMC is not set up correctly. Possibly make some screenshots of LEGS, VNAV and INIT REF page when this occurs?Number 200 in magenta, I don't know now exactly what you mean, but the only magenta number on the altitude tape is the destination alt (above the tape), that is the current set MCP altitude, afaik. And I think when you start reaching it, it might flash? (not sure about this one).Mate, either there is a huge problem with your installation or you set up your 747 false (IMHO, I think its the latter).Thought about reinstalling the product? Remove completely all references to PMDG from your FS9 and go for a reinstall. I don't think it will continue happening.EDIT: oh and btw, just doing another flight from EGLL to VHHH with the 747 ;)

This was the PMDG tutorial flight no 4 part 4, KPHX - KLAX, so everything is preset. I used it before and it was ok at that time. The destination alt was set to 6000 and the MCP alt also 6000 , so that was correct, but later the destination alt on the alt tape reset itself to 200 and the MCP was stil 25000, which I had set as the cruise speed.The leg page looked normal, no abnormalities.Of course the aircraft climbs in VNAV SPD, but it couldn't make the calculated speed, and I had to set the flaps most of the time at 5 and sometimes even 10 to prevent stalling.I flew from st Maarten -Antilles to Amsterdam already with no problem.It is now that this occurs.Perhaps the best thing is indeed to reinstall the aircraft and see what happens.Carlos

>Perhaps the best thing is indeed to reinstall the aircraft and>see what happens.>>CarlosIndeed.

When I use the Trim on my Flight Sim Yoke - CH Product -I can contol the aircraft so that it keeps the cruise level. The speed is than what it ought to be.Perhaps the trim on the the yoke gives problems and have to be reset.I'll see to that to morrow.Thanks anyhow for the support.I'll report back what I have done, it might be interesting for someone els.Carlos

Hi,I have re-calibrated the Yoke and everything works fine now.Did two flights and no problems at all.Thanks for the support.RegardsCarlos