Sign in to follow this  
Guest dherchko

737NG Radio Issues

Guest dherchko

Hello, all:I've searched the forum for my particular problem. If it's already been addressed, I do apologize, and point me in the right direction.My problem is that I cannot change the value for any of the comm or nav radios in the 737NG radio stack. I've uninstalled the aircraft and reinstalled it to no avail. All of my other aircraft (payware included) still function normally in this respect. Just wondering if anyone has had this issue and knows how to fix it. Thanks!--Derek

I haven't seen this one. Were they working then quit? Can you change anything on the comm console (squawk, adf, etc)?

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest dherchko

Yeah, I can't find it anywhere.Some liveries had it working, some didn't, and now I can't find any of my liveries that will have it working. I can change the xpndr.

I wouldn't expect liveries to affect anything but the skin paint.I've had CTD's occur when changing a comm freq during a flight.. therefore, I expect there is a FS9 bug of some kind in there (it rarely happens). If you can't change either comm or nav or adf freqs but you can change xpndr then the only commonality is the fs9.cfg file. Try deleting it and restarting fs9... you'll have to reset any display or terrain variables that you have customized. Along the same lines, I recall but can't exactly remember that there are options for 25khz/50khz comm channels and adf channel options. Make sure the comm channelization is 25khz. Good luck, and let us know what you figure out when you finally do.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest dherchko

Alrighty. Thanks! I appreciate the help.So just delete the fs9.cfg? I'm assuming it will just generate a new one on the startup. (?) Thanks!--Derek

It will create a new fs9.cfg. All your FS9 setting will revert to default.

Dan Downs KCRP

When you intend to create a new fs9.cfg I suggest renaming the old one. After the new one is created you can from the old one paste in button and axis assignments, sensitivities, etc., and anything you want to retain so you you don't to go through the joystick setup mess.Periodically I make a safe copy of my FS9.cfg in a safe folder in case I lose my operating one.

>When you intend to create a new fs9.cfg I suggest renaming>the old one. After the new one is created you can from the old>one paste in button and axis assignments, sensitivities, etc.,>and anything you want to retain so you you don't to go through>the joystick setup mess.>>Periodically I make a safe copy of my FS9.cfg in a safe folder>in case I lose my operating one.>What section of the fs9.cfg controls the assignments and sensitiveities? I've wanted to do this for a while, but didn't know what info to paste into the new file so that I didn't have to manually reset them.Thanks,John