Sign in to follow this  
wongben4

Unistall FS2004

HI, I am having a problem with my FS04, it can't start, after I clicked the icon, the DC3 picture pop up and then the FS quits. I insert the Disk one and thought that it has repair function, but unfortunately it doesn't. Now I have no choice but unistall and re install it again. My question is, will I need to reinstall all the add on such as PMDG or scenery?thanksben

>HI,> I am having a problem with my FS04, it can't start, after I>clicked the icon, the DC3 picture pop up and then the FS>quits. I insert the Disk one and thought that it has repair>function, but unfortunately it doesn't. Now I have no choice>but unistall and re install it again. My question is, will I>need to reinstall all the add on such as PMDG or scenery?>>thanks>benHi Ben,The simple answer is... yes.Good luck,John

Hi, I only have PMDG 744 as my addon aircraft. However, on the other hand, I have some addon sceneries. Could I just backup some related files or folders such as scenery.cfg, and cut and paste those files or folders to the newly installed FS04 directory and let FS9 build the scenery database itself.thanksben

Guest SAS449

Copy the addon scenery folder and your scenery.cfg to a safe location. Reinstall FS and then copy your backup files and folders. Be aware that some addon sceneries also make changes in the scenery- and texture folders in your FS root catalogue so you might want to backup those aswell.

Sometimes deleting FS9.cfg mysteriously solves all types of problems. Try deleting FS9.cfg, and when you restart FS9, it will automatically be rebuilt (you will have to redo your graphics settings etc...).If you do need to reinstall FS9, you will also need to resinstall all of the PDMG products. Be sure to do it in the proper order if you own more than one (PMDG 737600/700, then the 800/900 and any updates, and finally the 744). You need not worry about install sequence with PMDG Express products.Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Hi, For aircraft addon, I only have PMDG744 and I feel that it is more than enough. However, I do have a lot of sceneries where I flew my PMDG744 to. Detailed addon scenery and pmdg744 is a perfect match, and without any one them, the remaining is meaningless. (The most enjoyable moment is when I am taxing, taking off and landing in a detailed airport with pmdg744)I still haven't start uninstalled it because I want to hear some more suggestions first. It is a one way trip. After I clicked the uninstall button, there is no way back...thanksben

Guest Loke

Ben, here`s what I do:After a new install of FS2004 and all custom sceneries (whithout addon planes but after making all the settings from within FS), I make a DVD backup of the whole FS2004 installation plus the FS9.cfg.After reinstalling from the CD`s I let my DVD overwrite the whole thing, and I replace the new FS9.cfg with my old one. Then I go to Addon Scenery...and delete all the scenery.dat files (one for each scenery). Next step is to reinstall PMDG planes, then add all the old scenery from the FS library. This formula is working well every time I gotta do it, and it`s not much hassle. Just make that "virgin" DVD bacup and you`re fine.Cheers,Andrev

hi everything, Just spent my whole weekend working with it, and my Fs9 is working perfectly so far..thanksben