Sign in to follow this  
beefix

KCMH - ILS Approach to Runway 28L

Hello AllI've just tried an ILS approach to Runway 28L at KCMH with the 737NG. I used the BREMN 2 STAR and then vectored to the SUMIE LOM/IAF. I hit that on the button at 2700 feet at about 149 Knots. Everything looked OK apart from the fact that I was pointing down the middle of the airfield not at Runway 28L. The ND display looked fine, all radios were correctly tuned and the MCP set up was OK. So,have I got something wrong? Maybe someone can try it out and see what happens.RgdsSteve HoneyLincoln UK

Steve:Flew from KORD to Rwy 28L at KCMH using 737NG and your approach and had the same result. The touchdown was on the airfield just to the right of 28L.Not your problem, some other source, not sure what.Dave

Tried this with a default aircraft,and you are right, the ILS is lined up offset to the right of the runway,so this is an FS9 problem. I don't know if someone has done a fix for this.Ron

Ron Service

This is a bug in the FS9 scenery. I've always used 28R (I yield the longer runway for departures) and never noticed this before. I finally tracked it down to an error in the localizer course, which is off by about 2 degrees. If you use FS9 to put you on 28L you'll notice the localizer deviation is to the right about half scale.I fixed it by opening the AFCAD editor and changing the ILS localizer to have the same true bearing as the runway (274.21). Interestingly, I used to have a bunch of AFCADs from Utlimate Traffic, and it had the same problem.Anyway, here's a small project for someone who likes to play with AFCADs or scenery files...someone who will do just what I did and also fixup the rest of the KCMH environment (add parking, fixup taxiways, set things to be realistic (compare with airnav info), etc); have fun.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dave, Ron and Dan.Thank you for your replies. I've had a look at the KCMH AFCAD but I'm afraid editing something like that is beyond me. I will leave it alone and use Runway 28R instead. Thank you all again.RgdsSteve HoneyLincoln UK