Sign in to follow this  
Guest ALT2024

sorry, -900 spoilers *again* (sigh) :)

Guest ALT2024

HiI have no problem getting my autospoilers to deploy on landing. Arm using the mouse at the end of the handle; they deploy every time. :)Last night I landed the -900 on 24R at EGCC, man land, A/T off, flaps 30, autobrake 2, spoilers armed, throttles idle at 50'. The landing was fine, the spoilers deployed and I engaged reverse thrust and took over manual braking.So what's the problem? Well, when I advanced the throttles to taxi off the runway, I noticed the speedbrake handle was still down, i.e. spoilers were still deployed. I hit SHIFT/ but they didn't retract. I tried dragging the handle to the DOWN detent but it wouldn't drag. It sprang back as soon as I unclicked. Even with 30% N1 the spoilers remained obstinately up.Then I spotted that the speed window on the MCP was showing A as though I was still in the air and on the Alpha limit. I changed the numbers in the speed window, the A disappeared and the spoilers then obediently retracted.Anyone experienced this?Rob

I prefer not to arm the spoilers.. there's too much mystery. Instead, I use the "/" key after my landing. I also prefer to handle the thrust reverse sequency by hitting the "F1" then "F2" keys in succession. As I slow to 60 kts the "F1" key removes the reverse thrust, followed by the "F5" key to raise flaps and "/" to store the spoilers. This method consistently works for me everytime (in the 737). Note I do not store the spoilers with "Shift+/"

Dan Downs KCRP

Some have a problem on AP disconnect over the threshold in that control of the engine two throttle is lost as you decrease the throttle levers and engine two's does not follow.I have a fully registered FSUIPC and when going off AP anywhere before touchdown. I have a hot key combo assigned to its sync throttle function. This way you don't have to use the F1 key to go to idle to get sync back. I noticed that (not on autoland) as I had reduced manually to idle I still had above idle N1 on engine two since I disengaged after starting descent on the GS about 800 AGL.Maybe this is related to auto-spoiler operation.

Guest ALT2024

OK, I think I've got it. It seems to be connected with the alpha floor warning. After last night's landing I retracted flaps, then noticed that the speedbrakes wouldn't retract for taxi, and the alpha warning was flashing in the speed window.I tried another landing tonight, same aircraft and settings, but this time I made sure I advanced the throttles for taxi before I retracted flaps. No alpha warning this time, and the spoilers obediently retracted as soon as N1 rose above idle. I then retracted flaps while exiting the runway.(Didn't want to taxi to stand with flaps extended, as I've heard that's a signal that you wish to be met by an armed response team! :))Rob