Sign in to follow this  
Guest egallih

OOM Error - not UT related.

Guest egallih

Hello to everyone!I'm a long time user of all PMDG products and have recently run into an error when trying to run the Queen under Vista. I have read all of the posts concerning OOM errors and all the material in the Ops section as well, and none of the solutions listed have worked. As it stands now, the queen is completely unusable. I am running FS9 on a Vista x64 system with 6GB of ram, two 2.66 ghz dual-core Xeon processors, and an X1900XT. I do have a lot of payware sceneries, but the OOM error will occur regardless of where I load the queen, even with no programs such as Active Sky running in the background. I do not own UT, however I do run GE Pro 2.0. The OOM error will usually occur once I start taxiing OR if I switch to the spot view and change the viewing angle. I have also noticed that when I have everything loaded up (payware scenery, active sky, ge pro, queen) the fs9.exe process is only using about 1.3 gigs of memory, well short of the 2 gig limitation that has previously been discussed on here. It should also be stated that I never ran into this problem while running XP and the same list of add on software. I know this error has been discussed to death on this board, but any input/advice on my situation would be deeply appreciated. My RW job is flying heavies in the ANG, and the PMDG and Level D products are the only ones I can use with some sense of satisfaction. I would hate to lose the queen.Thanks so much!Eric

We haven't had time to fully evaluate Vista (I'm actually the only one on the PMDG team using it right now) and we probably won't do so until DX10 becomes a reality and it's necessary to switch...I'll try to fly around using the 744 in Vista though and see if I can reproduce this - if I can, maybe we can convince Lefteris to install it and check it out. :)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com