Sign in to follow this  
Guest capbat

PMDG 747 Question FMC ILS

Guest capbat

Hi all.I notice that we can't select an ils frequency on the 747. How can I practice ILS approaches if I can't get a frequency. I understand that frequency are handled by FMC but if I want to do circuits or any other type of practice do I have to absolutely use the fmc?Thanks Bat

Guest visualchaosfx

>Hi all.>I notice that we can't select an ils frequency on the 747. How>can I practice ILS approaches if I can't get a frequency. I>understand that frequency are handled by FMC but if I want to>do circuits or any other type of practice do I have to>absolutely use the fmc?>>Thanks >>Bat>Hi,You don't have to select an ILS frequency in the 747. Once you get the assigned runway to land on from ATC, press the DEP/ARR button on the FMC and select the runway that you have been assigned to land on. Once selected the execute button should light up so press that. It will now be loaded into the legs page of the FMC. When your 26 miles out or around that, ATC will give you the heading to turn towards the airport. On the ND you'll notice a white dotted line intersecting the airport. Hit the LOC button on the MCP and when you get close to the dotted line the heading will change automatically to line up with the runway. Once lined up hit the APP button and you glide right onto the chosen runway.Hope you can understand all that lol.

If you're just doing circuits, you don't have to set up the FMC fully, but you do have to set the ILS frequency through a FMC page.The page is NAV RAD. Frequency has to be entered xxx.xx/yyy where x is the frequency and y is the course. You don't have to enter any other info into the FMC.

Guest visualchaosfx

>If you're just doing circuits, you don't have to set up the>FMC fully, but you do have to set the ILS frequency through a>FMC page.>>The page is NAV RAD. Frequency has to be entered xxx.xx/yyy>where x is the frequency and y is the course. You don't have>to enter any other info into the FMC.Or you could do it that way lol.

Guest k7kdh

The fmc nav/rad vor freqs have and A by them auto matic tuned how is that you can enter a manual freq / course any way the reason im asking is that no matter what I do I can be locked on the localizer hit the approach shows fmc message it reads nav invalid . this is why I want to manually enter the corect ils freq , ... good day Kevin

Guest capbat

Thanks All I am using the inpunt to the FMC formated xxx.xx/rrr it's much faster than putting all the info of a flight plan. Specially for doing circuits only.Thanks again, great feedback, as usual. BTW any good tutorials on the 747 FMC?Bat

You can overwrite the auto tuned frequency directly. Simply enter the frequency and course (nnn.nn/ccc) in the scratchpad and click the the LSK (4L) next to the autotuned ILS frequency (or PARK if not tuned).Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg