Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

About boycotting FSPlanet

Avsim clearly, and righly IMHO, are against their forum being used to encourage the boycotting of FSPlanet. However, it seems rather odd to me that they have locked the thread earlier on about this but nevertheless still left it there for all the world to see thereby intentionally, or otherwise, apparantly lending some sort of credence to such boycotting.If Avsim are against this forum urging the boycott of FSPlanet what about all those posts and threads encouraging us to have nothing to do with Papa Tango, World Air Simulations, Ariane, Peter Tishma et al. I don't recall any admonishment for encouraging the boycotting of those organisations but I do recall unbelieably long threads being allowed to appear.Double standards, perhaps?David

hello,I have an idea...how about just dropping this whole subject? Andrew :-wave

Double = twoActually, we have 40+ (or maybe that's closer to 50 now). Our staff has all kinds of standards, and most of them even conflict with mine. :-lolAh, the "something stinks at AVSIM" refrain. Double standards heh? Before you embarrass yourself too much further, maybe you should have a read of this link:http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...orum=DCForumID6And then if you really want the truth, do a search on FSPLANET in the Hangar Forum only, and you will see the plethora of threads that have existed, and still exist, there.I didn't shut down the post, though I probably would have, as this fourum is NOT the spot for those kind of messages (neither is the PT thread that seems to want to continue to reside here - see Scott's last message in the thread for more detail). Anyhoo... Someone wants to start a boycott, that's fine with us - just do it in the Hangar fourm, where it belongs.Oh, and don't be so fast to harp on the double standards stuff in the future, would you? At least not before you do a little investigation first.And now I am closing this thread....